Monday, March 16, 2009

weekend adventures.

Happy Monday All! Well, as stated in my previous post..I went to see my fiance this weekend! We had SUCH a terrific time...I think I will share.

As mentioned, I woke up at 3am on Saturday morning to hit the road by 4:30. Greg was dismissed at 9, so I wanted to be there right when he did! :) We only had from 9-3:30 each day to spend time together and we couldn't leave the base..but it was WELL worth the trip.

When I got there I was "lucky" enough to attend the Saturday morning ritual of going to the laundry mat. haha...it was a packed house of course. So we loaded up the washers and walked to the coffee shop next door. After some coffee and catching up, I helped Greg fold his clean clothes (and mind you, I was the ONLY blonde, cutely-dressed girl in the laundry mat) haha..I got lots of looks from people going "what is she doing here??" LOL. Anyways, after we got the laundry cleaned we decided to go to the PX and do a little shopping. I of course, had to hit up the Coach & Vera Bradley bag section ;) Greg even bought me the little Coach wristlet I had been wanting to use for my hipster Coach bag since my wallet won't fit. He was cute and giddy. And he's not allowed to push the cart when he is in uniform I was told.. he said "it's an Army Wife thing"..hahahahaa..so none-the-less, I pushed the cart ;) {total joke..but I did push the cart}

After shopping we grabbed some lunch at the PX food court and talked foreverrrr..then we decided to do some site seeing. That's where I got these cute pics of us:



Greg said jump..so I jumped ;) he loves this crazy pic.


ahhhh..i miss holding hands..




After taking some pics I had to tell him bye..he had formation at 3:45. I went and checked into my hotel..then got ready for some shopping. I, of course, hit up hobby lobby, Marshalls (where I found 2 super cute dresses), and Ross (where I found an amazing Guess Handbag & yellow raincoat). By then it was almost 8pm so I decided to end my adventure. I stopped by Krystal (my LOVEEEE) on the way home..Greg said he would be able to come outside and see me real quick, so I swung back by the base to get a goodnight kiss ;)
The next morning I was up super early to shower and get ready...then high-tailed it back to base. I was there right when he got dismissed at 9 and we ventured to Starbucks in the pouring rain. After coffee, we attended church there on base. It is called Crossroads at the Follow Me chapel and let me tell you...IT WAS AWESOME!! I am sooo encouraged after visiting the church. It is a contemporary worship service which is right up my alley! Very, very similar to the church Greg and I were attending here in NC, Biltmore Baptist. It was such an amazing experience to be around so many people who live the lifestyle I will be living soon..and who share smiliar interests..GOD!! :) The people were so friendly and it was great to see other soldiers there (in and out of uniform) with their families or friends..praising God. The entire worship experience was fabulous. I hope and pray that there is a chapel on the base we get stationed that is similiar to this one. I just cannot adequately explain how perfect it was..the music, the people, the sermon..every detail.
After church, we went back to the PX (seeing a trend here??) to grab some lunch. We sat in the food court area for hours just to be with each other. It was pouring the rain, so we couldn't exactly be outside. Then, the dreaded time came...and I had to say bye. It was tough...I think everytime I have to say 'goodbye' to that boy is gonna be tough. It just feels so natural to be with him...and when I'm not with him, I feel out of my element. Kinda crazy..but it does. Here's a pic of us he took...I'm driving him back to his barracks and please excuse the tears and runny makeup...

Overall, it was one of the best trips of my life. Just to see the boy for 10 seconds would be worth it! I cannot wait to go visit again...(fingers crossed for March 28th! Then Easter!) Hope everyone else had a GREAT weekend!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

So glad you had a great time. You two are toooo cute!!! :O)

Taryn said...

I am so happy for you- Saying good bye is the worst. I feel for you. you are so cheery about it all- when in reality it sucks. Good for you. I will cross my finger for march 28th!

LauraAnn said...

Awe! Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time!

I love the picture of you jumping in front of the plane! Priceless!

kuhkjhkh said...

aww it looks like you had SUCH a good time!! I'm happy for you!

Miss Jody said...

OmGosh! I love your pics and your story. Really hits home for me...I live it too and still living it! I love how much your in love with him! Your devotion and support to him is amazing and alot of soilders don't have that! MY husband is my HERO :) and I can see he's yours. I'm VERY happy for you and thank you for joing my blog (curtsy..)and sharing your heartfelt pics with us!

Meagan said...

I'm glad you had a great visit! I know how bad it is to be away from the ones you love!

Praying for you and yours!!

New Girl on Post said...

Love the pics! Tell your hubby to push the cart anyways...Sean does and noone says anything to him. :)

alyssa said...

you guys are adorable!!