Monday, March 9, 2009

love letter.

Ok, I've just discovered from the sweet lil comment my Fiance left on here over the weekend that he reads this stuff :) so be warned: the following post is a note to him. I thought it would be special if he "accidentially" got on here and saw my message to him. And don't worry Greg, you will still get your letters/cards in the mail...but we didn't get to talk long last night and I just wanted to try to make your day a little brighter...
Greg,
Hi baby! :) You have no clue how excited I was to get on this thing and see that I had a comment. Yes, I must admit, I love comments (does this mean I'm becoming addicted to this thing?)...but to see that it was from YOU was amazing!! It is Monday and guess what that means, I GET TO SEE YOU ON SATURDAY!! Yes, yes..I am one excited girl up here in NC! Your dad asked me last night at dinner how I was gonna be able to get up at 4am to drive down and my response was "are you kidding me?? I probably won't even sleep, I'll be so excited!" haha. You know how I get when something fun is gonna happen. I promised each of them I would give you enough hugs to come from everyone..soo, one from your Mom, your Dad, Mem, Pep, Mark, Shannon, Nick, Paul, Chase, and Bouser. (I don't think I'll have any problem doing that!!)
So how is school going? How was the big run today..I know you did GREAT! I hope that your classes got off to an excellent start and you sat in the front row ;) I'm gonna proofread your paper today and I will send it back to your email with any changes. I can't wait to read about the Constitution...you know me & history! haha! (insert sarcasim)
Dinner with your family last night was fun! It felt like it had been so long! I sure did miss our Sunday's together..church..my family lunch..your family dinner. And then whining about how tired and full we are after it all :) Yes, you know what I'm talking about! It was great to see your parents..and mem & pep..and of course, your crazy brothers & Shannon! :) I've missed them ALL! I actually didn't know where to sit at the table without you there..lol. But I sat at our typical place, beside your mom...and Nick sat in your seat. I even had a lemon slice for dessert!
Once I got home, I changed into my PJ's and then heard my mom come in from church..and I heard a very familiar voice downstairs. My mamaw! haha. I went downstairs and there was mamaw & papaw..they had came to go to church with mom & dad so they stopped by afterwards to eat dinner. I sat downstairs with them and showed my mamaw the pics of my DRESS!! :) hehe..don't you wish you knew...
Well, today is actually off to a fast start. Staying busy here at work...and tonight Mom is meeting me when I get off and we are having our 1st consulation with the florist! :) I'm excited about the flowers..although I have no clue what I'm looking for! I hope you don't mind what kind of flowers I use...I was thinking a mix of pink & green for the guy's bouts..and yours solid pink? I think that's what I'm gonna do for my flowers anyway..girls with pink & green mix and my flowers solid pink. I hope that's ok..but then again, I've never really known you to care about flower choices ;)
Words cannot adequately describe how much I miss you being a part of my daily life. I keep replaying all of the many things we used to do together. There's not a day that goes by where something I see or hear doesn't remind me of our memories. I thank God everyday for sending you my direction for me to share my life with. The letters you send encourage me to keep being strong and to continue trusting God's plan for our lives. You know that all I want is for His will to be done...no matter what the sacrifice.
I.LOVE.YOU...I hope you can feel "sparks" even across the miles...
I will leave you with a couple of pics of some of my fav. memories together..
4 days & counting...
Forever,
Shan
Genesis 31:49
This time last year we were soaking up the rays @ Daytona...wouldn't you agree this was one of our BEST trips?!?

2 week trip to Maine


and of course, the day you asked me to be your wife!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I feel like it’s almost inappropriate to comment on this because it’s such a private moment, but just wanted to say how beautiful this was. It’s true when they say absence makes the heart grow fonder! Keep following God’s Will and the rest will fall into place :o)

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren! you're the sweetest! It was for me to share with you guys as well, so comments welcomed :) I hope you are having a terrific Monday!