Rough day...It seems like I SO look forward to Friday and the weekend..then, when it gets here, I realize that the one person I always spent my entire weekend with is gone. Friday's were Greg and I's "Date Night". If you are married/engaged/in a relationship I HIGHLY recommend finding a day that you can call "Date Night". Why you might ask? Because it gives the TWO of you a chance to be together. I know most couples are in the same situation as we were. Greg and I had established such a routine and hectic lifestyle, that we forgot to take the "time-out" for each other. We came to a huge rut in our relationship and we had no clue how we had even arrived at that point. Greg and I love friends and fellowship, but we sat down together and couldn't remember the last time I was able to get all dolled up and him arrive to my house, knocked on the door, and took just me out for a nice dinner and a movie. That is when we vowed to each other to make a "Date Night". We adopted Friday because our Saturday's were usually spent with our friends or families which is perfect also, but we realized how important is is for us to have US time and grow together as a couple.
So now that's he gone (for almost a full MONTH), on Friday...I miss my "Date Nights"...but more importantly, I miss my Fiance. I miss his smile. I miss his encouragement. I miss his love. I miss his touch. I miss his hugs when he would pick me up off the ground. I miss his excitement for the weekend. I miss his black Army T-shirt (long story..maybe for another post).
Tonight I decided to go for a run outside to take full advantage of the beautiful weather. I love to run. It was the perfect "me" time when I was in college, but when Greg and I got together, we took the habit on as a couple. I miss my running partner. Tonight, I ran the trail that goes around the center of my hometown. The same trail that Greg and I ran on a daily basis last summer. It was difficult..I blasted my i-pod up full volume to try to drown on the longing I have for my fiance. It's silly really, but I miss seeing him run ahead of me (we have different paces so he would sprint ahead and then jog in place to wait for my short lil legs to follow). He gave me something to run to..

...but shouldn't that be the way it is with Jesus? Our God? Shouldn't we run to him?
I started listening to the words that were booming from my ipod..an artist named Brandon Heath. If you haven't heard of him, YOU'VE GOT TO! I'm a hugeeeee Brandon Heath fan. His songs are so REAL. His words make sense. Actually, Greg and I saw him in concert and adopted his song "Love Never Fails" as our song. My all-time favorite song of his is "Give Me Your Eyes"...it speaks to having eyes like Jesus..compassion..caring..humility..sacrifice. While listening to the song, I couldn't help but cry. Yes, while running down the side of the street, I cried. I AM BLESSED..and I want to help. When I say help, I mean reach out..to a world that is in need. In need for the love of Christ. I am so blessed to have an amazing God who loves me unconditionally..a family who taught me my Faith..the committed love of a godly, self-less man..and friends who will be there, no matter what. I am beyond blessed..and I can make a difference. I am selfish to whine about my fiance being gone for a few months..there are other people who are going through and have been through much WORSE situations. And I want to use this time that I have apart from my fiance to see that..to open my eyes to the world, and share the love of Christ. So tonight, I'm praying for strength, wisdom, and guidance as to what step to take next. So please pray with me, pray that your eyes will be opened to the world that needs Jesus Christ as their Savior and simply ask God, "Give Me Your Eyes"...
3 comments:
A great post Shan! I love that song also... Every time I hear it, I just pray that God will give me the strength to love and live as he did. Prayers for you! :)
This was great and really resonated with me. Pray he gives you peace while your Fiance is gone, he's doign something BIG, you just can't see it right now in the midst of missing him, but I'm praying he'll give you the eyes :o)
I absolutely loved this post! The love between you and your fiance' is so beautiful! I know that it must be so difficult to be away from one another but isn't it amazing to see how the Lord will meet us right where we are and in terms that mean something to us in particular, show us more about Himself through the challenge? I love the imagery of you running after Jesus the way you run along your running trail...without self consciousness of your tears and emotions...fully engaged with all of your strength and passion... that is such a picture of where I want to be in my relationship with the Lord!
Post a Comment