Thursday, March 12, 2009

Knottie of the Day!

Some of you might know, and some of you don't (knotties, stop reading here...lol) that I'm a member of a group of NC Knotties. What is that? It's a place where us girls are all engaged and we are planning our weddings..together. We share ideas, comments, thoughts, and ask for suggestions. It's been a HUGE help with my planning process. The girls are just fabulous and super talented!! We have just started a new game, and it's called "Knottie of the Day" and yesterday, just happened to be my day. :) I thought the ?'s they asked were reallyy good, so I'm gonna post some of them. Once again, knotties, don't read...you will want to claw your eyeballs out after reading all of this yesterday ;)

How did you and FI meet?
my freshman year of college, his senior year..he was a KA ::swoons::
What was your first impression of your FI?
He was a total hottie!! life of the party, loved his style, was super popular, and I swore then & there I was gonna marry him after our first kiss ;)
What do you do with FI in your free time?
What free time? j/k..we used to hike all the time, he loves going to movies, eat out & try new places (yes, we are pigs), and to make me happy he would go shopping with me and carry my bags :)
Is there anything about FI that you would change?
If you would've asked me this before he left, I probably could have found something. But now that he's gone, there's not a single itty bitty thing I would ever change about that boy. I MISS all his little quirks. If you wanna find out how to appreciate your FI, send them off to the Army ;)
How did FI propose? Was it a surprise?
He took me on a 5 mile hike to the top of a mountain...and I was about to die. The view and background was unreal and he even said that if I would've said no to his proposal, he would've just jumped off the rock. haha..and yes. huge surprise. He had taken me shopping for rings about a month before but didn't buy anything...but then just stopped talking about marriage. I thought he had gotten "cold feet"..he was just waiting for the ring to come in ;)
Do you like your job? If not what would you change about it to like it more?
My job is a steady paycheck...and I can't complain with the economy the way it is. However, it's just not "me". I am a HUGE people person and sitting in four walls all day drives me crazy. Once I get married I'm going to start pursuing teaching...or working for a non-profit that helps soldiers. When FI gets deployed, I've already decided I'm going on a big mission trip overseas and can't wait! Basically, I want to "help" people.
Do you like your boss? If you could say anything to him/her without any consequences, what would you say?
Sure! She's really great...and we have a lot in common. She's a marathon runner and super cute!
What was your first job and at what age?
haha..Ingles Cashier!! :) I got the job 2 days after I turned 16. My dad made me...but it was the cool thing to do in my hometown. The entire football team and cheerleading squad worked there! I actually stayed for 6 years!
Is this job what you want to be doing as a career? If not, what would you rather be doing?
no...see first job question.
Do you want children? How many? Do you and FI agree on this? When do you want to start having kids?
Of course we want kids, if God provides! And if we can't get preggers, we will adopt and provide a safe home for some terrific kid(s)! I say 2 or 3..he says a house full...I then told him to start popping them out himself ;) Greg and I both want kids so badly...but we would like to wait to see what is going to happen with his deployment schedule.
If given the option to be a SAHM, would you take it, or would you rather work?
Absolutely!! Actually, I probably will be while Greg is in the service. It's been a dream of mine since meeting Greg. I want to work so hard to be the best possible wife and mom I can be for him and our kids!
Do you think you will Knot much after the wedding? Nest?
Well, as much as I love you all..I probably won't knot unless it's to check in on some of the girls I've met while I was here and their weddings. Maybe nest..or move on to something for Military Wives. Or possibly beat the habit ;)

If budget wasn't an issue, what would your most extravagant wedding luxury be?
Am I totally ridiculous for saying Honeymoon?!? :) And if time weren't a factor either. Yes, yes..I do love all the events and little crazy stuff we have for the big day, but when it's all said & done, I want to be able to just RELAX and indulge with my new hubby on the most luxurious trip of our lives. His schedule is so wacked up anyways with the military, we probably won't have a chance to take a trip like that again, just the 2 of us, until he retires :( And, since budget is a factor..and so is time, we probably won't even get a honeymoon.

What feeling do you want your wedding to have?
feeling=casual & fun. Leaving everyone saying, "that was so a Shan wedding"

What item on your registry do you want the most?
I dunno if I can pick just one, b/c I want it all so badly! LOL, but I can tell you our "fine" China (because we will have lots of dinner parties with his officer buddies & their wives) and our bedding are the most important to me. I want to arrive at home on our first night at our house with superrrr comfy bedding ;)

Describe your perfect Saturday.
Perfect Saturday=sleep in with Greg (although he would wake up early and start doing push-ups or something crazy..he always does!) Cook breakfast together (pancakes!) Get ready, and go for a hike/picnic all afternoon..come home and get ready. Enjoy a nice fancy dinner with him..then rent a movie, come home and put on our sweat pants ;)

Favorite movie?
Can't pick just one...STEP UP! and Step Up 2, P.S.-I Love You, Westside Story, Mamma Mia
Favorite book?
ummm..."Glamour" magazine count? No, for real, probably, "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren..it changed my life and is sitting on my bookshelf in my office.
Hobbies?
I would be lying if I didn't tell you guys that SHOPPING is my biggest hobby/addiction, working out, googling, hiking, eating, singing in my car(and yes, that is so a hobby!), tanning (horrible, I know)
Favorite ice-cream flavor?
I have 2..chocolate chip cookie dough, or strawberry ice cream with white chocolate chips and sprinkles from Cold Stone!

What one moment of your wedding day are you most looking forward to?
no question about it, FIRST TIME I see Greg..when I'm coming down the ailse. I cannot wait to see his reaction!!! I get butterflies thinking about it..

If you could take that luxurious HM, where would you go?
Bora Bora maybe...overwater bungalow, and lay out at the beach during the days, all day, everyday..

What are you most looking forward to about being a newlywed? What scares you?
For real, being with Greg! Every chance I get! No more DISTANCE!! waking up to his sweet face and sexy body ;)..um, scares me, not being strong enough to be a supportive wife for him. I'm so scared I'm gonna let him down...

Where do you secretly hope that Greg gets stationed?
No secret here...HAWAII!! Yes, it is ridiculously expensive, but it's not everyday an average Shan gets the chance to live somewhere so awesome for a year or two.

How many articles of army clothing do you own? Name them all.
So here goes...Army Wife hoodie, Army Wife t-shirt, "i love my soldier" pink t-shirt, Army baseball hat, Black Army Strong T-Shirt, Army long sleeve T-shirt, Army Reserves Black T-shirt, Army reserves Yellow T-shirt, Army shorts, Greg's old Army PT sweatshirt (x2) Army PT shirt (with the reflector thing on back..haha!), Grey Army sweatpants, andddd last, but not least, Greg's dogtags that I rock everyday!

What is the one thing you think you will enjoy most about being a military wife?
In all honesty..supporting Greg! I am trying to prepare my heart right now to be so strong for him, supportive, and his "safety" if that makes any sense. And also, traveling and meeting some fabulous other Army Wives!!
Yes to children, what about pets?
Abso-freakin'-lutely! I want a doggie right now so bad..I can't stand it!! One that I can take for a run around the Base! :)
You also mentioned possibly becoming a teacher...what would you want to teach?
Please don't laugh..but home economics. :) hehe. How much serious fun would that be?!? however, Pre-K has been weighing on my heart a lot lately. Or, I've also thought about math because I'm surprisingly really good at it. (easier to get a job that way also) Basically, I'm undecided. ;)
P.S. If Greg figures out how to have your "house full" of children let me know, because I told FI the same thing! ;) LOL
hahaha..men just don't get it ;) all he likes to think about is how much fun it would be to "make them".. :)

What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
..tanning...I'm gonna wrinkle...bad.
What would your perfect meal be?
bahaha..funny you ask. me and my best friend were just talking about what our "last supper" would be so I believe that applies here. It's a long one..here goes...
-McDonalds cheeseburger, hold the ketchup
-3 Chicken Wings from Wild Wings or Omalleys (garlic flavor), with extra ranch for dipping
-Cheese Fries from Fatz Cafe
-Croissiants from Cheddars that come with the salads
-topped off with a Sweet Tea from my mama!
say hello, to just putting on 10lbs! :)
What talent/skill would you most like to have?
I think I would like to be a so-called "Superwoman" and be able to help millions of people, and not even break a sweat doing it. Help people who are hungry, who can't pay their bills, children who need medical help, elderly who have been neglected. I don't know if that is a talent/skill..just sayin' ;) or, if all else fails, how bout grow $ on trees?!?

Do you have any pets?
I do, but she has been adopted by my parents. I couldn't have pets at the house I rented right after college. She's a 3lb long-haired chihuahua who I'm proud to say won "most fashionable" at last years Mater Festival in my hometown! (mater is country word for Tomato)It runs in the family... :)
If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be?
humm.......zebra!!!! Yea!! How awesome! It's my fav. animal print.

What names do you like for your future kids?
Got the first names..but don't have middle yet..
Girl=Sophie :)
Boy=Mason..but not positive on that yet b/c I don't want people to call him "Mason Jar" in school :(

If you went on Survivor, what would your luxury item be?
GREG!!! :) if I could...I don't watch that show so I have no clue what luxury item is..but how bout cell phone?!?
How many kids do you want?
2 or 3, Lord willing.
How big is your wedding party?
shew, large! 6 groomsmen/best man, 6 bridesmaids/maid of honor, 1 ring bearer, 1 flower girl, 1 "miniture" or honorary ring bearer, and 1 "miniture" or honorary flower girl. 2 other girlfriends gonna help do guestbook/programs/decorate and I consider them in the wedding party
Whats your fav. music/band?
Brandon Heath! He's a solo artist but I adore him! Next in line is DMB and I reallyyyy wanna come to Charlotte for their concert!! I love chill music on an everyday basis..and I'm also a freak about music I can dance to! Hip hop! :)

Do you have any brothers or sisters?
1 older brother (he's 25) who produces supermodel babies with my sis-in-law

Beach or Mountains?
Since I live in the Mtns, I love the beach! :) Isn't that the way it works? But I do not take for granted how absolutely gorgeous it is here in the mountains :) I admire it everyday!

Can you cook and if so what is your fav. thing?
::hangs head in shame:: I'm not exactly the best cook..I usually mess something up. However, I can make a mean lasagna which happens to be Greg's fav. food (even before he met me) so we're good! It's a family receipe and if I told ya, I'd have to kill ya... ;)

Fav. clothing article?
this is silly, but my leopard j.crew cardigan. I seriously wear it to church on sunday with my dress, then rock it with my gym shorts to the gym (if it's chilly), then wear it with jeans and t-shirt that night..then with dress pants to work the next morning :) to be honest, it has 2 holes in it now...Greg makes fun of me for it.
If you could be an actress, who would you want to be most like?
Kate Hudson..super hott, hilarious, almost a hippie, and down-to-earth.
Can you sing?
hahaha...it's my secret ;) no, I was in a pagent once when I was little and sang "God Bless the USA" and won! LOL..been singing in church for years...and in high school I was in the show choir that you had to audition for, "Orion" was the name. I was the lead choreographer for the group. Greg loves it when I sing, but as I've gotten older, I've gotten shy with it...
What is your fav. time of day?
humm...anytime I'm with Greg?!? lol..no, probably between 12-4..mid-day. when it's nice weather out..ahhhhhhh, heaven.

What is your fave color?
I love all bright colors! Pink, Yellow, Turquoise, and Green! :) but it I must, must, must choose one...HOT PINK! :)
If there was a movie about your life...who would play you & FI?
I think Kate Hudson or Reese Witherspoon (she plays a good southern small-town girl, Sweet Home Alabama) for me and Channing Tatum for FI. Channing plays an awesome military man (ie: Stoploss)
Who is your fave actor/actress?
actor: see above, and Paul Walker
actress: Kate Hudson, Reese Witherspoon, and I love some LC from "The Hills" aka: Lauren Conrad
Would your rather go snow boarding or snorkeling?
I love adventure! but seeing as how I'm terrified of fish swimming around me or touching my toes I'm gonna go with Snowboarding! :)

Do you have any nicknames?
Well, I guess Shan would count. My real name is Shannon, but anyone that knows me well *and i guess that includes you guys* calls me Shan ;) In college a lot of people called me "Miss Shan"..not quite sure why. Greg calls me Shannie & Sweetpea..those 2 are my favs :)

What was your superlative in high school? Or if your school didn't do that, what would it have been?
haha...I would bet $10 that you guys could guess my superlative, but my senior year I earned "Most School Spirit". In Middle School I earned "Most Fun to be Around"... :)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Ha, loved reading this, girl, and learning more about you :o)

yours truly... said...

Thanks for the sweet comment!! Knotties is such a cute idea and I LOVE the name!! How fun! Hope the wedding planning is going smoothly!