Wednesday, March 4, 2009

lunch break finds

Yes..the lunch break shopaholic strikes again. K-Mart is located right below my office..yes, I said K-Mart, so I figured it would be a cute idea to go pick up an "I miss you" card & mail to my fiance. Of course, I couldn't just go in there without browsing through every ailse! Let me just tell you..(for anyone planning their wedding or will one day get married) DO NOT! I repeat..DO NOT buy your flower girl stuff at a bridal salon! Seriously..those dresses are well above $100...and think how fast children grow?!? and those baskets are at least $20-30!
If you are planning on a Spring/Summer wedding..here's my tip..EASTER! Yes, you know..the time when your mom took you out shopping for a ridiculous puffy dress, the white tights, gloves, hat, sparkly shoes and pranced you in front of your entire church? Yes, well this stuff can finally become of some use in the world (besides dressing your daughter up to look like a barbie). K-Mart (and I'm SO NOT a K-Mart shopper) had the most adorable Easter dresses that could DEF. double as flower girl dresses! Best part? Price tag..$24.99. And shoes as well!! I don't have to worry with the dress thing, because my flower girls will be wearing tutus, but I did find these adorable sandles for them! Def. my style and will look great with the tutus...less than $10!

Ok..I'm reallyyy not a fan of the typical flower girl baskets either. You know, the white, pointless thing that you will have to sell after the big day. How bought this for a spin off?!? EASTER BASKETS! They make some adorable ones nowadays! I had originally bought the pails shown in the post below..but after finding these beauties I changed my mind. I'm going to trade out the polka dot ribbon for the zebra ribbon shown below. They are made out of wood and the ribbon is weaved through the wood. And after the wedding? Send the basket home with the girls...would it make a cute bin for all their hairbows, play makeup, etc?

Ok..I think that might be all for now. I have a special treat in store for everyone on Friday! :)

2 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

You can find some great stuff at K-Mart. I love their Martha Stewart line and I have seen some really cute clothes there, as well. Thanks for visiting my blog today. I love the little sandals you picked out and the baskets are cute too. Aren't you having the best time planning your wedding? I had more fun when my daughter got married. You are right about not buying stuff at Bridal stores. They will rip you off. Have a great day. Love & blessings from NC!

Taryn said...

What a fantastic idea about flower girls and Easter. I will spread the love to my sister who is getting hitched this summer. Thanks!