Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm such a blogger.


The primary purpose of this blog is to help me through the wedding planning process AND to help me through the time me and my fiance have to spend apart. So, I figured this post would be appropriate. I found some excellent stuff this morning as I was randomly searching the internet...

Here are a list of some great quotes for military wives/girlfriends!
"Distance IS NOT for the fearful, it’s for the BOLD, It’s for those who are willing to spend A LOT of time apart, In exchange for a little with the one they LOVE. It’s for those who KNOW it’s a GOOD thing when they see it. Even if they don’t see it nearly enough."

Top 10 reasons to love a soldier:

10.Camo goes with everything
9.gifts from exoctic places
8.they never get lost
7.a man who knows it's hot to iron
6.loves your cooking ( I guess b/c anything is better than the mess hall)
5.big boys with big guns never miss
4.love letters in the mail
3.hard bodies, soft kisses.
2.uniform, uniform, uniform
1.Proud and strong all night long

"STRENGTH is keeping it together when everyone expects you to fall apart."

And this one is my fav!
"God found some of the strongest women and made their match a soldier!"

Then I stumbled across this blog...I took a lil piece of it to post here. Describes everything I'm feeling right now, and I'm sure there's many more times like this in the years to come...

The Separation Barrier - taken from here
"While many civilian friends are sympathetic to your husband being gone, few are able to say things to make you feel better. My all-time favorite is “I don’t know how you do it. I wouldn’t be able to do it if my husband were gone all the time.” Knowing that my friend doesn't think they could handle it does nothing to help me handle it better.
It is hard but there’s just no way to adequately describe the feelings you have during a separation. You have days when you want to do nothing but cry, you have days when you feel lost, you have days where you feel anxious because you just heard a news story about KIAs. But you also have days that aren’t so bad. Once you establish a routine, you may find that you can “enjoy” the separation as a time for both of you to grow, learn new things and establish an even deeper commitment to your relationship. You may even find you have days when you don’t think about it until someone asks you how he’s doing. Then you feel guilty when you realize it’s the first time you thought about him today. Your emotions can be somewhat like a roller coaster ride and it’s just easier to be around someone who’s going through the same thing. "
*The author is speaking of other Army Wives at the end of her passage..and I truly cannot wait to be surrounded by other women who know what I'm experiencing.*

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

So I hopped on over to your blog after reading a comment from you. And what do I do when I see this post? Cry. Why you ask? My husband has talked about joining the military MANY times over the past 7 years...most recently this month. I've said NO NO NO for a Million different reasons. Seeing this reminded me perhaps I should stop being so controlling of HIS dreams, and let it happen. AHhhh...thank you sweet girl. :)

Lauren said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and I became a follower of yours as well (I love your blog), and look forward to keeping up with you. What an exciting time in your life and praying that God makes it a special time for you!!! Don't be a stranger. Have a GREAT weekend!! :o)

20 Times A Lady said...

Cute cute cute blog! Not sure how I stumbled upon it!