Thursday, August 27, 2009

ugh...difficult.

Reason for all my workout madness lately?
Because I used to look like this!
Exhibit A:

That's me on the far left before a performance in College.

Exhibit B:

Don't judge, this was on Halloween in 2007.

Why, oh why did I let myself go?!? I've reached one of those moments in my life where yes, I know my husband loves me no matter what, but I'm just not happy with myself! I've put on a good 25lbs since those pics and it makes me sick to think about how I haven't been keeping myself healthy a priority in my life! He would never say anything to me, but I know he's sitting back and wondering where the hottie he first started dating went?? And I hate that feeling. So I've posted those ridiculous pictures of me on my blog to hold myself accountable! I have no excuses..no job, no kids to watch, no errands, no wedding planning!

Now, I'm off to the gym for round 2...ding.

20 comments:

Mrs. Hanson said...

Aw.. I think your just as gorgeous now as you were then!!! BUT I wish you all the best on your workout maddness and I hope you get healthy and happy(er). LOL xoxo

Jennifer said...

I've decided the same thing about me recently. No I'm not fat or even overweight. But I have gained a few pounds over the past year. I quit working out and started cooking more. Bad combination! But I still think you look fabulous!

Kim said...

Aw, poor Shannon! Girl don't worry about things like this, it's because your happy!!!

Keep your head up, if you really want to look this way again just stay focused.

I'm with you 100%!! Since not losing the extra 15 lbs since having my son, I feel the same. I've joined the gym about 2 weeks ago, hopefully we can do it girl!!! :)

Lauren said...

I'm proud of you girl for your determination and wanting to turn things around and take care of your health, but don't beat yourself up about it :)

Lea Liz said...

Look at you girl!! I think you look graet now though, but I know what ya mean :)
I hate looking back at my pictures before I had Brody and to see my body ..... it has changed soo much but Brody is soo worth it!!!

Dollface said...

You look gorgeous then and gorgeous now... we grow into ourselves and just start looking a certain way no matter how hard we try to fight it.... but I applaud your effort!!! xxxooo

Rachel said...

You and me both! I have gained close to 25 pounds in the past 5 years, and I hate it! I know that a lot of it has to do with the fact that my body is changing as I'm getting older...I can't just eat ice cream whenever I feel like it!

Hang in there, girl! We can both lose the weight :)

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

you are awesome and i still think you look amazing the way you are right now.

try not to beat yourself up too much. i know how hard it is though!

i am fighting it myself. i used to be 40 pounds heavier and i need to keep working to get to where i really want to be but lately i just let it go and i'm not trying as hard anymore.

thanks for this reminder to get back at it :)

remember you are awesome just the way you are!

Brittany Ann said...

Listen up, lady! You are a gorgeous girl, and are made in God's image. I want you to be happy and healthy, but please know that you are so beautiful and kind, no matter what! Don't worry yourself so much about this that you get sick, OK? Just do what you like to do; have fun, and all that good stuff!

♥ H ♥ said...

I used to be the same size and had great tone like you, and now 25lbs heavier I feel the same way. Idk why I let myself go (well yes I do) but I'm slowly taking it off. Pound by pound. It's not easy but I'm determined to get back to where I was. I was happy and healthy then. On the inside I am not happy with how I look! You can do it girl :)

Tamsyn said...

I found this post very inspiring... I too, have picked up a few pounds since getting married. I used to love working out, but it is just so hard for me to get back into that groove. I wish I was as disciplined as you! Honestly, I don't think you have to worry too much because your still beautiful, but hey it's good that your trying to stay healthy! Hopefully I can get better at it.

Shannon Dew said...

Girl I think you look great! But I definitely know how you feel! It's called getting married, LOL!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Wow! You were hard core ripped! I think you still look fabulous but I too am in the same boat as you and want to lose some lbs.

The Blushing Hostess said...

First of all, you're beautiful. But I know how you feel. I do 21 day food detox's because I won't diet. To keep it up, I do a three day detox once a month. After kids this becomes really an issue and i have to take it very seriously...

Soon to be Mrs. K said...

Thanks for the motivation. I was getting really good about working out this summer. Now that I'm back home I'm finding it harder to stick with it! Your stomach in your first pic may be my new inspiration! You're still beautiful now! Good luck :-)

SARA said...

I know you don't know me..but first: you look GORGEOUS!!!! :)
I am officially 27...and it bites to ALWAYS have to watch what you eat and kill yourself exercising daily just to fit into clothes...check this out:http://calsar05.blogspot.com/2009/08/4-days.html

I went from 100lbs when I first got married to 140 some lbs within six months of marriage and it was ALL due to a medical condition...it was so depressing!!! I went from wearing whatever I wanted, being a small 100 lbs to being BIG!! everyone thought I looked pregnant, everyone would ask me all the time...
finally (seeing as my medical condition is somewhat under control) I went from 140 something to about 105 or so...and of course it all happened within 6 months of marriage, figures! lol

I still have my ups and downs...and I still have my days where I think I am the fattest most ugly person on the planet...but I work out and eat right and its paid off :)

you look beautiful...and you don't look fat...but honestly I wish someone would have told me BEFORE I got married that you gain weight...haha!

The Mrs. said...

If I looked like you I'd be shopping naked 24/7! Good luck working out but really, YOU LOOK GREAT!

now im off to eat some ice cream

Miss Jody said...

I know sista...I'm Happily married and well, I have no excuse too.
I love food. I really do !
Good luck with everything sweetie. Feeling good about yourself is important..BUT you are right. He loves you no matter what.

Bernie said...

Nice blog!

Unknown said...

WHAT!!!! You look amazing then and now. It's absolutely what's on the inside that matters. That's what your husband fell in love with. We judge ourselves too harshly and if it's the gym that's going to make you feel better about yourself...then i say GO FOR IT. Have you tried "30 day shred" by Jillian Michaels? It's awesome and only requires 20 minutes a day. No long workouts at the gym pretty lady. Keep your head up and shoulders back...you're beautiful and look FAB.U.LOUS ♥