Wednesday, August 19, 2009

stress....free. finally.

Let's talk about stress for a minute. The past 3 or 4 days I have been completely and utterly stress-free. How amazing it feels! I have to say..it's been a long time coming! I finally have gotten our new little place looking like a "home" as much as Army Temp. Lodging can, I enjoy getting 8 hours of sleep, ample time for my workouts and runs that I had fallen off the bandwagon with before the wedding, cooking for me and the hubby and not eating out, actually getting to see Greg every day and enjoy his company...those are just a few of some of the joys in my life right now.

Now before the wedding..not so much. I.was.stressed. Beyond Belief! Here are a few factors adding to the stress:
- Living and being away from my Fiance for 6 whole months. And yes, I do know that is a short amount of time compared to others, but I still missed him. First time we had been apart..ever. I was lonely.
- Planning my wedding single-handedly. Every little detail.
- Finding out that I would be moving 4,000 miles/72 hours from HOME. The place I have lived my entire life (except for 4 years in college when I ventured 30 miles from my small town). Leaving home means...no family, no friends, no adorable nephews to love on, no porch nights, no Friday night football, not knowing a single person except hubs, no dance team reunions, no familiar tanning bed/hair salon, etc. etc.
- Getting married! Helloooo, that's enough to be stressed over the edge about! What if I'm not a good wife? I can't cook? I hate cleaning? What if I snore?
- My "Type A" personality meeting it's match. Mr. Uncle Sam!
- Marrying the ARMY! Ok, ok..I understand that I actually married Greg. But you other Military Wives know what I'm talking about. Greg=Army. I married the Army. No way around it. It means that I won't fully understand. It means that there will be times when my husband will not be coming home. Nights spent alone. A lot of nights spent alone. Months/Years spent alone. Months/Years raising our children alone. It means that my husband might have a hard time learning to stop giving orders when he walks through our front door.
- Horomones. Yes, I said it...Day 6 of our Honeymoon. Every woman has to know what I'm talking about.

And those are just to name a few. Some people were ever so kind to have the nerve to call me "bridezilla"..and still do but they think it's in a joking manner. How considerate of them, ya think? Even some of my very best friends and family. How kind of them to understand how much I was dealing with and scared about. How kind of them to think about my feelings and how their words would affect me. It feels amazing to be here with Greg. He gets it. He gets what I'm going through...and it feels great to not cry myself to sleep anymore.

No matter what life, or the Army, throws at us, I'm with the man I love. End of story. How wonderful it feels to have all of this behind me and be able to move on with our lives. This has had a large part with me not blogging as of late. I am just now feeling like I can get this off my chest and move on. So Yay for tackling all of this stress head-on and getting settled in our first place! I will post more tomorrow to show you guys where we're living as Mr. & Mrs. :)

16 comments:

hmb said...

Is it just me or was the wedding overrated? I was happy as a lark when it was all over...just me and my man!!

Stay stress free, girlfriend!

Lauren said...

Congrats on the wedding! I'm so glad you're enjoying these first few weeks as a Mrs. :) I can only imagine how relieved you must be to finally have it behind you and be with your man!!

And sorry to hear about day 6, but hey - at least you know you weren't ovulating on your wedding night/honeymoon! ;)

Lauren said...

Girl..... I was soooooo glad to see a post from you!!!! I have so missed you. So glad you're enjoying your first weeks as a Mrs. :) Love you girl!!!!

Meg said...

Ah, I feel you, Shan! I cannot tell you how wonderful it was the first few months after the wedding to be practically stress free. ;) Glad you're enjoying it!

Amber said...

6 months is a long time! You can own that, don't feel that you need to apologize because others have longer separations. There will always be one uppers, especially in the mil-spouse community but forget about those people. Be proud of yourself for staying sane for those 6 months because it's not easy. Hell, I still get sad when Doc is gone for a week.

Keep it up girl, you'll be an old pro in no time.

Dollface said...

Congrats gorgeous!! hope to see photos from the wedding.. glad to see your stress levels are returning to a normal pace!! xxxooo

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

Congrats on being married! Isn't it such a relief when it is all said and done? Finally you can relax a little bit.

I'm glad things are going well. Sorry about the "bridezilla" comments. I always got really annoyed when my mom would joke about that because let me tell you, I could have been a whole heck of a lot worse and I did pretty good to just roll with the punches when they wanted to change this or that.

Soon to be Mrs. K said...

I'm so glad you're stress free and settled in to your first home! I can't wait to see pics.

Jessica said...

Man I am so right there with your at this point. *minus the wedding of course* I'm very thankful to have that far behind me to be honest. But all those fears about moving and the Army... yeah I'm there. And the exact reason I haven't blogged in about a week.

I really hope you meet a great group of girls in Alaska to help get you through the hard times!

Brittany Ann said...

Look at you married lady! Glad your stress simmered down! Can't wait to hear more about married life!

Suzi said...

awww sweet girl! i am so glad things are settling down for you a little bit now. just relax and enjoy this time in your marriage!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's great! I'm glad you finally are able to enjoy everything and there's no more stress!

Shay said...

I completely and totally agree and understand what you mean. I know what it is like being called a bridezilla when you really aren't. I know what the stress of planning a wedding is as well... Oh and the Army? Yea got that covered too.

Kim said...

Yay, your back! I'm so glad the wedding went well and all! I'm sure your thankful it's all over with yourself to though! Glad your having a great time with your new Hubby! ♥
I can't wait to see more pics!!!

Kenya said...

Congrats as officially being Mr. and Mrs. in training!

The Mrs. said...

both flyboy and I said when our wedding was over, thank goodness we never have to go thru that again! Enjoy just being together and all the stuff the military throws at you two. It will throw a lot but at least you have someone to lean on.