Monday, June 8, 2009

I should reintroduce myself...

hi..I'm Shannon...I just cheated on my blog with Greg :) We spent 4 WHOLE WEEKS together! Can you believe it?? To say the least..we had SO much fun being together again...everyday! All kinds of craziness happened with the Army and orders got switched {like always} butI put him on his flight to his BOLC II training on Saturday! We have already started looking for plane tickets for me to be able to spend 4th of July weekend with him! But then, after that....the next time I see him will be at the Rehearsal!! Can you believe that?? Wow...talk about stress!
Now, as to what I've been doing the past 4 weeks...let's have a quick update so you guys will know that I've honestly been busy and not just neglecting my blog! :)
See the posts below about the OCS Ball and Greg's Graduation...that was a FUN week! We got to come home together after his graduation and spent lots of time with our families since Greg hadn't seen anyone for 3 months! Every evening we also got together with different friends of ours that we have missed! It was awesome to be with my friends AND Greg at the same time. You have no clue how much I miss this...
As far as wedding stuff we accomplished...All my Bridesmaid Dresses are IN! We stopped by and picked up a few the other day. Another HUGE exciting moment...MY DRESS IS IN! I had my first dress fitting on May 30th and I go pick it up for good this Friday, June 12th! It.is.GORGEOUS. I love it more now than I did when I purchased it!
I just ordered all of the bridesmaid shoes....that was a major pain! You might remember the ones I had picked out from a previous post, but due to size issues and availability I had to put the girls in 3 different shoes..but all by the same designer. Here are the shoes...



Oh, and did I mention we booked our HONEYMOON?!?!? We didn't think we were even gonna get one because of, you guessed it, the Army! However, things played out perfectly and we immediately went to see a travel agent. Say hello to my beautiful destination for a solid week...

We will be staying at a Couples Resort in Jamaica!! All-Inclusive...pure luxury! I am so excited! Exactly what I need after having to plan this wedding by myself and be far away from my Fiance for 6 months! Take that Army!

We had our first wedding shower on May 17th! It was so much fun and we got lots of great things! My dad's church {he's a pastor} threw it for us and we were abundately blessed! I will create a seperate post for it..I have some really great pics from it! I am having my 2nd shower this coming Saturday..it is for Family & Friends! The decor is going to be fabulloouuusss and I just need to mention that there will be big hats involved! :)

Well, I'm off to run some errands and buy some wedding presents. Ya'll, I have a wedding or a bridal shower to attend EVERY weekend in June! Talk about wedding season! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend...please don't hate me for taking a much needed break from the blog world. I'm backkkkkk ;)

21 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just wondering about you last night but figured as mich! You've been a busy bee and I love the bridesmaids shoes:p They all flow even though they're not identical, it works! I just loved it when I got my dress in and tried it on...Such a magical moment:p Glad you're back!

Amber said...

There you are! I'm glad you're back! I really like that your girls will have 3 different shoes. They all look great together.

Our honeymoon was to Couples Swept Away in Negril! LOVED every single second of it! The people are so friendly and helpful and of course it's absolutely beautiful. So happy that you get a real honeymoon! Enjoy!

Shannon Dew said...

CUTE BM shoes!!!

Lauren said...

I have missed yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou!!!!! :O)

Jon and Steph said...

I am SOOO happy to hear that you've had such a wonderful 4 weeks with your man! and I am so glad you're back to the blogging world! Definitely missed ya girl!

That is so exciting about your dress! It sounds like everything is moving along well and before you know it you'll be saying "I do!" I look forward to seeing the pictures of your wedding shower!

Have a great week!

Dollface said...

wow - a honeymoon in Jamaica, sooo fun!!! and hot shoes doll! xxxoo

Lucy Marie said...

I'm so glad to see you back! It's wonderful that you got to enjoy so much time together.

Nessa said...

I like the shoes, def! Good luck on all your plans and welcome back!

Kenya said...

I was wondering why you have been gone for so long and just prayed that you were out having fun and not that something bad happened. Glad to hear that you were with him for all that time!

Lea Liz said...

Glad you're back girl!!
So glad you just got spend much needed time with your fiance!! Your honeymoon is going to be fab!!
Love the bridesmaids shoes!!!!!

Brittany Ann said...

Yay! You're back! We missed you (although I guess you had pretty good reasons for going MIA;)

Paige said...

wow, love the BM shoes and the honeymoon destination! Your one lucky bride-to-be!!!

jlc said...

Hahahah!! I can't WAIT to cheat with my husband. :)

You are totally excused!

Bailey said...

There you are!! I am so glad you got to spend time with Greg!!! But I did miss your texts and blog updates! LOVE the BM shoes! Those are going to look so cute!! And about the honeymoon... no.freakin.way. Which couples resort is that- cause if you say Tower Isle I might lose it! LOL That is where Will and I were going to go, when we were planning the big honeymoon. Actually, that doesn't really look like Tower Isle, but still.... weird =) Yall are going to have an AMAZING time!!

tootie said...

Welcome back! And I'm soo glad that things are going well. Especially the honeymoon plans! How exciting!

Kate said...

Love the shoes! Love the honeymoon destination! Can't believe that you won't see him (except for July4th) until the rehearsal! That is crazy!!! How will you get a marriage license??

Nichele Lynn said...

LOVING the shoes!!!

yours truly... said...

Nice to meet you! LOL! So glad you enjoyed your time with Greg!! I know you are getting so excited and I'm so excited for you!! I really just can't wait for it to get here so that we can finally see pictures!! haha :) Selfish, I know!

Hope you have a great week sweet girl!!!

Miss Jody said...

Yay! Your back! I'm so happy your back:)
Greg is doing good looks like! Lol!
Yip. You can depend on the Army to mess up.everything.
I'm sooooo happy and excited for you!! Yay!! Bring on the gifts!
p.s. the shoes ARE Amazing!!!
love them.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Wow! It sounds like you've been super busy but really productive! I'm glad everything is working out!

Kebi Cedawna said...

A friend and her husband went to the Sandals resort in Jamaica for they're honeymoon. They had an AMAZING time, I'm officially so so jealous of you now! You two will have a great time. Congrats on your marriage! :)