Thursday, June 25, 2009

A post for Greg...

{Greg mentioned that he misses reading my writing while he's away, but lately, I've just been in a slump. So in honor of my hard-working man...this post is a love letter to him}

Gregory Brian-
Hi Baby! :) Well, I hope you're happy mister..this post is for YOU! You really must be something special if I write a blog post for you. ;) First off, (yes, I have to say it everytime I talk to you & I include blogging for you as talking to you) I MISS YOU! Goodness gracious, I went to pick up our plane tickets for Jamaica today and I cried the whole way home because I miss you so much! haha. I would give anything for you to be back home with me again and running all of our errands together. I don't think we cherished those moments enough. However, our sweet travel agent, Pam, did ask how you were doing and how Oklahoma is treating you! :) My life is just not the same without you in it every single day...one would think by now (5 months) that I would be somewhat used to you being gone, but I'm not. Not even close. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a bad dream and you really will be coming to pick me up for date night on Fridays...then reality sets in and my Skype starts ringing. ;)
But in happier news...today marks exactly ONE MONTH! Can you believe that?!? One month until I will walk down the ailse and become your WIFE! That is such an awesome word to me! You have on clue how much I want to be a great loving and supportive wife for you. It's my #1 goal right now! I seriously hope you love everything I have done for our wedding while you have been away. I think it will be so much *fun* and be very personal. I've worked hard on it baby..and not because I want to impress everyone, but because I want it to be memorable for us! It is going to be the happiest day of our lives! :) I just cannot WAIT!
Know what else I cannot wait for?!? My VISIT to OK! Thank you sooo much for allowing me to come spend 4th of July with you! We are going to have so much fun..and it's going to be wonderful to spend some time together. Even if it is my first plane ride...I wish it were here tomorrow! I'm not very sure if you are gonna be able to get me back on that plane to NC... Then, guess what? The next time I see you will be at the REHEARSAL!! You got the invite, right? ;)
I know we haven't had much time to talk this week Greg, but know that I think of you constantly and pray for you! You are doing SO well in your training and I am SO proud of you for that!! I knew you would stand out from the crowd...you always have! It is such an honor and joy to get to hear about your experiences and stories...I love being your refuge! It is so awesome to be marrying my hero! Thank you, baby for your hard-work. You provide for me and for our country far more than we could ever ask of you...
I love you today..tomorrow..and for always! {and for certain in 30 DAYS!} I hope you are doing ok out in the field training baby...please eat your mashed potatoes, add the gravy. We can't afford a 3rd suit for the wedding ;) And pretttyyy, pretttyyyyy please ring my Skype # soon so I can make sure your hair is growing properly for the wedding ;) hahaha...
All my love...
Shan

18 comments:

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

ah super precious post!! girl if i lived by you we would be best friends and you could borrow whatever color of shoes you needed lol.. :))

Sarah said...

How sweet! That's cute that he misses your writing! Oh- and no matter how long you're together, it will never get easier to be apart. Its just the small price to pay for a great guy. =]

Shannon Dew said...

How sweet!

Lauren said...

Awww, girl, so sweet!!! Can I come to the wedding??? haha!!!! :)

Mrs. Hanson said...

That was adorable! You two are the cutest couple and I cannot wait for you to get married and show us pictures!

Lea Liz said...

awww this was such a sweet post girl! Isn't it awesome to have a companion that means so much to you? Your wedding is so close, almost here girl!! It will be the most amazing day ever!!! I am so excitied for you!

Paige said...

You two are just to cute and sweet. You are going to make an amazing wife! I love how much you express the love that you have for him. I cannot wait to see pictures of your wedding!!

Amber said...

Soooo sweet! Brought tears to my eyes. Y'all are so wonderful together!

Brittany Ann said...

Oh, how sweet! I love it! One Month! Yay!

The Dunaway's said...

Seriously choked me up! I'm so gonna have to invest in some waterproof mascara for your wedding!

Jessica said...

Such an honest, sweet post! He's a lucky man :) The big day is SO close. I remember how excited I was.. enjoy every single minute!

My Army Brats and Me said...

I think we all have been there. Not too much longer. Enjoy your weekend.

Miss Jody said...

Oh sweetie..hang in there! You'll be together soon and all this will be looked back on and just smile..smile cause it's all behind you. Your strong and will be fine! Hoo-ah!

Anonymous said...

Hello my sweet sweet Shan!
I really love what you wrote. I hope that I can live up to all the nice things you say about me :) I know it is tough being so far away from one another for long periods of time .. I want you to know that my thoughts are always on you and I dream of the days we have ahead of us! I so miss all the little things we used to do together; even shopping through the pocket book isle in every store we go to. lol. Shannon, I am excited more than you know about sharing our day together next month. It's going to be beautiful & spectacular cause I know you have been working hard on it! Please don't be afraid of the plane ride to OK and know I will be waiting for you when you get off. I would be on the runway if they would let me;) Shannon, you are my sweetheart, you are my everything and I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together. I love you more and more each day! You are my Sunshine. See you soon baby doll!

Love Always
Gregory

Kebi Cedawna said...

Aww, his response was so incredibly sweet, it brought tears to my eyes. You two really have something special, Congrats!!

Where are going in OK? I'm from Oklahoma. Get ready for the 101 degree weather and the stifling humidity. It's been awful! I'm sure you won't complain a bit once you're in your sweetie's arms though :)

RCaitlin said...

It's so hard when the person you love is in another state! I can totally relate to this letter (especially the SKYPE part). You don't realize how much you take every moment with the person you love for granted :(.

LauraAnn said...

Awe! So sweet!

Kim said...

OMG what a sweetheart, the both of you! I think you've got a great man, & great plans ahead of you both! ♥