Monday, June 29, 2009

Help a girl out! :)

Ok friends...I am working on my play-list today for my wedding..both ceremony & reception songs. I think I have it all figured out except for one thing....OUR FIRST DANCE song! Now, let me just say this..we have something special. And no, it's not the typical "evolution of dance" stuff that everyone does. I was captain of the dance team in college so dancing is one of my true passions so I had to think of something unique and I think it's going to be fabulous! But I still wanted that "sweet first dance" moment with Greg. So we are going to do a normal first dance before everything happens but I'm so stuck as to what song!
I'm kinda leaning towards this: "Your Love is Extravagant" by Casting Crowns.
It means A LOT to us and it's so beautiful! What do ya'll think??
Ok..we haven't officially decided, so ANY suggestions would be helpful. I would love for you to even share what your first-dance song was to...thanks sweet friends! :)

22 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Oh my goodness, I seriously adore that song!! I always have. What a truly romantic love song. And well, if having God as part of your marriage is important to you, it really couldn't get much more perfect :)

d.a.r. said...

Oh, and our first dance was "My Best Friend" by Tim McGraw :)

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, my work computer can't let me see or hear what you posted.

Hubs and I danced to 'feels like home', by Chantal Kreviazuk. It was in how to lose a guy in 10 days. When we were deciding we tried to think of movies with really great love stories or moments to a certain song. It gave us a lot of options! Good luck!! I hope I helped!

Brittany Ann said...

I do like that song! I love Casting Crowns!

My favorite song I walked down to the aisle to: "I Will Be There" by Stephen Curtis Chapman.

Becky said...

Our wedding isn't until September, but our first dance will be to "When I Fall In Love" by Nat King Cole.

Amber said...

I love that song! Our first dance was "Nothing Fancy" by Dave Barnes. Even if you don't use it for your song, you have to listen to it, it's awesome! Good luck deciding!

Lauren said...

I didn't know you were a dancer!! What college did you go to? I've danced my whole life, and was on the dance line (Georgettes) at UGA when I was there.

Like your song choice. We didn't have dancing at our reception, but our song is 'Feels like Home,' like a pp said.

tootie said...

My husband picked out our first dance song..."Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones. I thought it was a sweet song.

Good luck choosing your song!

colleen said...

ok toots.. dont bash the evolution of dance ;0) we totally rocked it.. i love this song. seriously its about something that means a lot to you and greg, i feel this would be a great fit though!

colleen said...

oh and our first dance was "you look wonderful tonight" by eric clapton.. jacob chose this on our first date.. he said he wanted this to be the date with his wife, then he looked at me and said well, i might let you have some input on that.. so we chose to do that :0)

Becky said...

I love casting crowns - our first dance song at our wedding was "only God could stop me loving you" by Emerson Drive.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Our first dance song is going to be "This will be an everlasting love". It's fun and upbeat. We wanted something fun and not too love birds and rainbows because that just isn't us. We plan to do a slower song further in.

Lauren said...

Shayne & I actually had two first dance songs...the first was "When You Say Nothing at All," by Keith Whitley. I surprised him with the second one, "Looking for Love" by Johnny Lee from the movie Urban Cowboy, b/c that's one of his favorite movies. I love the surprise first dances. You've got to look them up on YouTube strictly for entertainment purposes!

Unknown said...

Beautiful song! One song I was crazy about for our first dance, but never got to use is "Completely" by Jennifer Day...It just says it all...PLEASE listen to it. You won't be disappointed:)

RCaitlin said...

The song is great! I definitely think you should use it if it means a lot to you!

JACKIE said...

I'm so happy I found your blog! Good luck with the wedding planning! It's getting so close =)

Hannah said...

I have always loved that song-- good choice!

Ashley said...

I like your choice of song for your first dance! Sometimes if you search on google for ideas...some of the best songs will pop up! Just a suggestion!

I totally agree with your thoughts on The Bachelorette! We will have to keep each other posted! :) I am super excited for your big day and to hear all about it on here!

Let me know if you have any questions with wedding planning...I know how hectic it can get! Have a fabulous evening!

Jessica said...

I think this is a very sweet song and you won't regret it ever if it means so much to both of you. That's the important part.

We danced to Could Not Ask For More by Edwin McCain. Love that song!

Jessica said...

Would LOVE to be able to communicate another way.. I'm not so good with this either! My email address is jayetton@hotmail.com

Jessica said...

If I don't answer some of those questions you had now, I'll most likely forget through email ;)

He is going to Ft. Sill right after OCS. He'll be there for BOLC II and III. He'll find out his class dates this weekend so we'll know a little more, but I am going with him. (yes!!) Where are yall going for BOLC III? And I'm assuming that'll start after your wedding right?

Shannon said...

What a beautiful song! If you're still searching, I would recommend "Say You Won't Say" by Jennifer Knapp-it's such a pretty song.

I LOVE my Lilly weekender and would highly recommend it! :) The Longchamp bags that I bought were the larger size and you can stuff your entire life in them, but I also have several of the smaller ones and I love that size for an everyday purse. I tend to use the larger ones for airplane carry-ons or for a work bag. They're not so huge that you couldn't carry them as purses, though.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love reading your blog and wish you and Greg the best of luck in your marriage! :)