Friday, May 1, 2009

::gulp::

I.cannot.believe.it.
So I guess I have some explaining to do from my previous post...I just kinda posted and ran to hide.
Here was the issue...Greg got an email from the Army.
It's subject line read: Reservation Cancelled.
uh.oh.
This could only mean one thing....our perfect schedule was getting messed up...
{and those of you who have dealt with the military know that this happens...a lot!}
His computer has been acting funny so in the evenings when we talk I will check the necessary things that he needs on the internet. So I was the one to see this email. Can you imagine how devasting this was for me?!? I opened the email to find that his class dates were being switched and he was now being sent to his next class on July 7th-Aug. 21st.
Hummm...what falls RIGHT in the middle of that?!?
OUR WEDDING!!!!
I immediately freaked just like any normal bride-to-be would who was just absolutely ESTATIC about marrying the man of my dreams and having Our day! His training classes are very strict..as in no leave and I knew that we couldn't take our chances and hope that he was granted the weekend off. We would either have to a)cancel the wedding and lose tons of $...or b) move the date up depending on the availability of ALL of our vendors {and you brides to be know how hard it is to schedule something during wedding season}. We are 2 months out. I have been putting together this day for a very long time and for once, I'm starting to get over the stress of wedding planning and actually see all my hard work coming together.
I'm sure you guys can tell by some of my posts just how much IN LOVE I am with my fiance. He honestly makes my world a better place...but I also know most of you guys are aware of what kind of hard-work it is to put together a wedding day and how much every girl dreams of it! I do know that ultimately marrying Greg is the #1 thing in my life...but our day was going to be soo perfect, sooo us!
Well, I won't go into all of the details because I'm not so sure that Greg would want me to put them all over the internet...however, he fought long and hard to make it work. And those of you with military experience know that things just don't work very easily. You always have to go around your elbow to get to you know where...anyways.
He did IT!! There is no doubt in my mind (there never really was any) that my Fiance will absolutely do whatever it takes to make me happy and provide for us! Through lots of meetings, emails, prayer, much rejection, phonecalls and being told his wedding wasn't a "compassionate circumstance"..{and even some trouble} my Fiance pleaded his case and we got the dates switched!!! He will now be attending his next phase of training beginning in June and he graduates on July 23rd...hopping on a plane...and marrying ME!!! :)
I would like to take the time to thank my fiance and other men & women who are in the military for all of their hard-work and sacrifice. I would like to say thank you to my fiance for not just making our wedding day possible, but for working hard for our country. I guess this entire {experience}, although it caused me so much stress that I would rather forget about it, did open my eyes to just HOW MUCH military families do sacrifice. There are military men and women all over the world who give up their wedding days, their anniversaries, their Christmas's, their Thanksgivings, their birthdays...the list could go on and on..just so their spouse can serve our country. It did open my eyes to just how AWESOME my fiance truly is for serving. So if you are a military spouse, thank you sooooooooooo much for sacrificing your "special days" for our country. I absolutely not only appreciate your spouse for serving, but you as well!
Your comments honestly kept me sane...thank you!! If you are a bride-to-be or have been before, you can attest to the fact that nerves are on wits-end during these last few months. Reading your thoughtful comments and bible verses honestly keep me from absolutely wanting to just give up. I will admit, I'm a control-freak...and I MUST get over that soon. First off, God is in control and second off, my soon-to-be husband answers to Uncle Sam now. However, I did break down and absolutely think that my world was coming to an end. Your passages that you left on my previous post have been my strength during all of this.
So thank you for reading this blabbled version of what my life has consisted of these past few days...sorry so long and ridiculous and it probably doesn't make any sense! haha!
Let's hope I can get my booty in gear and get back up and running to normal soon!
Love my bloggy friends and I've missed you all! :)
p.s. - God provides!

24 comments:

tootie said...

Oh my goodness...I'm so glad it worked out!! Phew! :)

Brittany Ann said...

Amen! Alleluia! What an answer to prayer! We had a very similar situation happen with my brother (he's in the Navy), where he had to fly in and out on the same day to be at my weddding (and he did miss part of the reception) but at least he was there.

And way to go Greg and Uncle Sam! I'm so glad it worked out for you. Two months! The countdown begins!

And no worries on the control freak thing. I am totally one too, and this is the biggest issue with my faith at times. I often feel like I fight God for control. Good thing He always wins:)

holly-lynn said...

so happy it worked out. obviously there is someone on your side <3

The Dunaway's said...

Oh Shan I could not be happier that things worked out just the way you hoped! I've gotta say I really look up to you! I would imagine it definitley wouldn't be easy being an "Army Wife" and I admire your strength! You are an inspiration to me and I love you so much!! July 25th..HERE WE COME!!!

AmberDenae said...

Wow Shannon!!!

That is insane. I am SO glad that it got worked out. God definitely has your backs. This was an amazing post and really gave me a glimpse into what Military and their families sacrifice. I've always been an advocate for our Military and I thank God for them and pray or them.

So tell that fiance of yours, THANK YOU for serving and sacrificing and THANK YOU Shannon for also being so sacrificial and supportive.

God is going bless you both abundantly!

I am SO glad that your wedding is still on the go. How tragic that would have been. God knows and he cares about your heartfelt desires.

You're precious and I wish you the absolute best as you continue to plan and that everything would come together so smoothly!

Much love!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm glad to hear that you got it worked out! That would have been horrible, if it hadn't!

It took me a very long time to get use to the Army and the fact that it can kill hopes and dreams. It's times like this though that gives me hope. I'm glad they compromised and he can come home!

Army Officer Wife said...

Yayy!! Glad it all worked out!! :)

Bailey said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! =)

Emily said...

Im soo glad it all worked out!! God does provide and always takes care of everything... Planning a wedding is stressful.. but enjoy it now.. bec it does go by soo quickly.. it is the most fun.. best time of your life.. and now you can go back to enjoying it again:)

*Teresa* said...

SO SO SO Glad everything worked out!!!

Dollface said...

oh my g-d.. my heart stopped just reading this... SOOOO happy it all worked out, xxooo

Cheap Wife said...

I am so glad that your wedding was "saved"!

Mrs. Hanson said...

I am SO happy everything worked out! YAY!!!

♥ H ♥ said...

AWW I'm so glad it worked out!!!!
Always here if you need anything. Just an email and a click away

XOXO

Fati said...

girl you are so right. that made me emotional to read.. it's so true what military families have to sacrifice. they deserve WAY more credit. i'm glad everything worked out!!!

Nessa said...

Praise God that everything worked out!!! =) That is wonderful, and your fiance sounds absolutly wonderful!!

Hannah said...

Oh holy crap!! that's crazy, but I'm so glad you got it fixed!
They almost did the same thing to Mr. AF and I, but he managed to get his classdates switched too! *whew!*

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

what an answer to prayer! God is always there! :) soo happy for you. have a great weekend. stop by my blog if you want to enter a giveaway.

Meagan said...

Oh my goodness...what stress! I am so glad that everything worked out. You sound so much in love and you deserve the best of days!

Lauren said...

I'm so glad that your bridegroom was able to get it worked out! Thank God for men who will move heaven and earth for the women they love! :o)

Thanks for following me - I'm really enjoying reading up on your doings and remembering our wedding planning days five (gasp!) years ago! :o)

Lauren said...

YAY!!!! so glad God provided and everything worked out for you :) Love ya, girl!!!

Jon and Steph said...

Goodness gracious hon! I am SO glad that you all got everything figured out! I would have been devastated for you if you would have had to cancel or even more back your wedding! So glad that everything worked out!

yours truly... said...

What a blessing! I am so glad that things worked out for the better...they usually always do! ;)

Hope you are having a much more relaxed weekend sweet girl!!! You deserve it!!

Kate said...

Wow. God does provide.