Wednesday, May 6, 2009

a tornado and some bling.

I just spent the last hour and half of my workday sitting outside in the hallway.
Why you might ask?!?
We were under a tornado warning! As if I wasn't be unproductive enough here in the office...I had to sit outside and stare at blank walls. ;) My deepest fear wasn't being swept up to Kansas...or the pipes falling on my head..or the windows busting in...
It was the fear that you, my bloggy friends, would post something interesting and I would miss it! Or heavens forbid I would be the last person to comment! Ahhhhhhhh, I.need.a.life.
And since you guys are sooo sweet and commented on my ring (thank youuuu), here's a better pic of it! I just adore it...he did a FABULOUS job and I'm pretty sure we'll keep him...forever! (wink, wink) If you want to read more about our engagement story and how he proposed go HERE! There's even a video because Greg is oh-so-smooth like that! :) That would be our wedding website...

And here's the whole set together...which I adore with my whole heart! :)


I told you I could never be wordless..especially on a Wednesday! :)
Have a great day dear friends!

32 comments:

Meagan said...

Totally jealous! I absolutely love your ring set!

Sorry you're having tornado troubles! Be careful!

Jon and Steph said...

Unbelievably gorgeous ring!!

What a great fiance you have!

You crack me up about the tornado! Silly girl ;)

yours truly... said...

BAD tornadoes! Glad you are safe! LOL!

and girl, that ring is fabulous!!!!!! OH MY! So beautiful!!!

Lea Liz said...

Love your ring girl!!!! It's beautiful!!!!

Oh girl glad a tornado didn't hit!!!

Lea Liz said...

okay so I just read your story on how he proposed and it was like reading my own!!!! Timmy did the same to me took me hiking up this mountain to a "Natural Bridge" I was huffing and puffing the whole way up and complaing..lol but boy was it worth it!!

holly-lynn said...

lol i hate days when i actually have work to do & i'm away from my desk all day! loove the ring!

AmberDenae said...

Eeeek, sorry about the tornado warning, dear!!!

I'm glad you're alright and back to blog and leave comments ;) Clearly, that would be my main concern as well. haha

Yes, he did a fantastic job picking out your ring...SO GORGEOUS!!!

Thank you for your comment on my recent post. I did not know that your Dad was a Pastor! That is so amazing. I grew up in ministry and I'm sure we have a lot more in common than we think. Sometimes being the child of a minister can be hard but it also definitely rewarding! Thank you for your kind, encouraging words and for your prayers.

You are such a great person and I am so glad that we found each other. I always look forward to reading your posts and your comments ALWAYS brighten my day. You are SO sweet and beautiful, inside and out! Seriously.

I'm off to read about your engagement day now! :)

Have a wonderful day, sweet girl!

Hopefully there will be no more tornado warnings!! :)

xo

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Lovely ring! I'm going to watch the video immediately.

Samantha said...

AWwww! your ring is similar to mine! My center stone is one though not 4! Beautiful though!!! =)

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Okay I just watched the video and you definitely got me teary!

Becca said...

Oh my gosh, I am so jealous of your ring! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! He did a good job, that is for sure.

Stay safe in the nasty weather! We are under a tornado watch right now and I'm sure we'll have a warning or something later on.. I am so over these storms!!

Bailey said...

Haha- you crack me UP! Glad you are safe from the tornados...and back to blogging, of course!

Is your engagement video on the wedding website? I can't see it =(

Lauren said...

Girl, I bet you felt like Dorothy from Wizard of Oz there for a minute, didn’t you??? Haha! Glad you’re okay… Greg did one heck of a job on the ring, that’s what I call a rock!!!! :o)

Lauren said...

I just went back and watched the video!!!! HOW SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Kenya said...

Your rings are gorgeous!

Be safe with the tornado warning. I live on the east coast so never had a tornado warning. I would probably be the one COMPLETELY freaking out!

Lauren said...

OMG!!!!! I swear last time, I was looking at your website and I know someone that is getting married this month at your wedding location at Lake Lure and having reception there, hooooow funny!!!!

d.a.r. said...

Lovely ring!

Dollface said...

oh my... look at that bling!! im super jealous... xxooo

Lauren said...

I swear this is the last time, haha, if you feel comfortable, please message me on facebook your address, so I can send you and greg a little something, something!! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Such a GREAT ring!!! I'm glad your safe and apparently no longer in the hall way! Be careful!

New Girl on Post said...

Seeing you whole wedding set made me smile because it looks like mine, only I have an emerald cut surrounded by sort of an octagon shop. Hard to describe, but it looks similiar!

Nessa said...

The ring is GORGEOUS! and tornadoes give me a thrill...i have no idea why. lol. But im sorry it made you so scared!

The Pink Chick said...

Oh wow! Your ring is absolutely beautiful!!!!!

hHf said...

Tornadoes everywhere!
I did the same thing today...AGH

LOVELOVELOVE your ring...he did good girl!

Kelsey said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Jessicaxo said...

Hey girl! oh my gosh i know...i was scared the tornado was going to hit..i seen it, but it went the other way...ohhh scary! :) Have a great night!

jlc said...

That is the tiniest star I've ever seen.


:)

Kim said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL ring!
Thank you for following me.

Unknown said...

I'm new to your blog, but a ring like that I just had to comment! What a beautiful set it makes too:) You both are definitely a sweet looking couple! When is the wedding? Oh and (in advance) welcome to the Miitary wife life!

jessica said...

love your ring. it's gorgeous :)

Miss Jody said...

wait?..Tornado? huh???!!! You okay?! I loooove the ring! He did a fabulous job! All by himself? I'm impressed!

Kate said...

Your ring is GORGEOUS and I am loving your wedding website!