Sunday, May 3, 2009

Drum Roll Please....

First off...biggggg CONGRATS to one of my very best friends Katie for her pinning ceremony on Friday! Katie has busted her butt to get through the Radiology Program at SCC and let me tell you, the girl has some skills! :) I'm soo proud of her and I know that she is absolutely going to do wonderful! We have her graduation coming up this Friday evening, but her pinning ceremony was so very special! Katie even got to give the prayer of benediction and it went something like this..."Dear Baby Jesus...6lbs, 12oz...my best friends Shan & Laura are the most amazing people on the planet..." Right Kt?!? haha..j/k.
Here she is in action :)



Blast from the Past: High School Best Friends - L.L.T.P.


some things never change...



We had a great time celebrating at O'Malley's with some fabulous chicken wings! Yum! That place is seriously my favorite place in the world! It's in my old College Town and if you know me at all, you know how much I LOVED college and O'Malley's. They used to have "wing night" every Thursday and you bet your bottom dollar that I was there with bells on...every week..same table..same group of friends! Even if I did get wing sauce on my dress this time (so sad) I did have a fabulous time! :) Here are some pics from the event...
Honestly..this place gets TWO thumbs up!


The Beautifullllll Graduate! :)

My BFF...Laura


Evidence of the Wing Sauce Crime...sad times for this girl. However, I'm loving Kt in the background...


Next up...BIG, BIG, BIG news!! Greg and I found out our duty station! I mentioned before that we found out where he will be going for his BolcIII schooling...but now, we found out what's next after that! I'm not gonna give away the exact location...
However, I will say this:
69 hours from our current home.
4,108.31 miles.
Once we get there in January I'm sure you will be able to tell by some of my pics! :)
holy guacamole! That's some distance! That being said...Greg and I have the chance of a lifetime...and instead of focusing on the negative {how many things I'm going to miss, how far it is, how different it will be, etc} I'm going to focus on just how amazing it is that WE get the chance to live there! I know that God has placed us there for a reason...and I cannot wait to see the outcome! :) Seems like everyone that has heard the news has some rude comment to make, or some snide remark about what I'm going to miss. I'm sooo sick of it! I do believe that hearing people say things like that only make me want to go more! Maybe I'm the only one, but I feel as if when changes occur to someone I know or love, I try to support them in that and not make them feel WORSE for it happening. Greg and I will have each other and make the very best of the situation. Remember that post about remaining positive? Man, it just gets more and more important each day. Who knew that God was preparing my heart for this....

16 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's so great going into a new duty station with that attitude!!!! You can do it!

Rachel said...

Looks like a fun weekend! So glad you had so many pictures to share wiht us :)

And how exciting about your duty station! I can't imagine being that far away from "home", but I would love to do it one day!! What an adventure.

yours truly... said...

Such cute pics! Congrats to your friend!!

I'm amazed at how optimistic you are when faced with changes or challenge!! You're a strong, inspiring woman sweet friend!! I can't wait to see how everything unfolds for you!!!!!

Brittany Ann said...

Wing sauce on the dress. Been there, too! But you know, at least we still carry our love of wings on our sleeves, er, dresses!

Congrats on finding your location (to be frank, I'm getting fairly excited because I think you might be close to where we're moving...I hope I can tell you all soon!)

No, but seriously, your outlook is so positive and uplifting! Good for you! You are going to be an excellent wife for Greg, who, as a valuable memorable of our armed forces, needs that more than anyone. I'm so happy for you as you go through this life journey! God is working through you, and I'm so happy to get to see it through your blog!

hmb said...

Well I would LOVE to live overseas. Live it up!!

jlc said...

These pics are hysterical!!!


Sooo excited to hear about your move!! :D

Samantha said...

Hey! I noticed that you were following my blog so I stopped by to see what you were all about! I love your writing style! it's so fun... Any who. I didn't get the opportunity to plan out a big ol' wedding like you, so on one hand I'm super jealous and ont he other I just want to knock you out and steal your wedding! =) All in good fun- OF COURSE! tee hee I love the vision you have going on.

So you could be going to Ft. Lewis or overseas yes... Hmmm! I can't wait to find out! You have a great attitude I can't wait to read more!

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

congrats to your friend. this brings back such great memories of when i graduated college. :) hope you have a great week.

Jon and Steph said...

Love the silly pics! You guys are too much fun!

Way to have a positive attitude about moving so far away! I wish I would have been as positive moving overseas!

You guys are soon to be on a great adventure! How exciting!!! I so can't wait to hear all about your wedding and see all of the pics!

New Girl on Post said...

Living overseas is indeed awesome and with that attitude you'll do just fine. I can't wait to see where you are going!

Mrs. Hanson said...

Your dress is too cute! AND those HEELS.... love them! :) Glad youhad a great time with your girl friends!

AND YAY! for finding out your location.... I'm sure everything will work our just perfectly for you and your future husband! :) Way to stay positive!

Jessica Horton said...

I am a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason"

Look forward to all the new and great things you'll get to experience there!

:-)

Meagan said...

Looks like you all had an amazing time!!

Make sure to stop by my blog, you have a little surprise!

The Dunaway's said...

I know we joked about the place Saturday b/c you had JUST found out about it but I'm so glad you have a super attitude about it! You'll be fine but Man I'm gonna Miss you like crazy!!!

Kt said...

I just love how I am finally apart of your blog!! Get ready to do it all over again on Friday...I'm working on a bon-fire for afterwards at my house. You are LBG bring your camping chairs!!!! :) It's gonna be like porch night, except this fire would burn the porch down, bahahaha. LOVE the pics...we are silly.

Lauren said...

HOW FUN!!!! Loved the pics!!! And I'm so excited about the journey that's about to unfold for you. Remember I'm coming to visit you, SERIOUSLY, NO JOKE, IT'S MANDATORY!!! :) Love ya, girl!!