-My husband returning HOME!
-Getting my Roots done! I know, I know...little things but soo exciting for me!
-My last few days at work for a few years!
-A trip to NC with Greg in tow :) I've been home twice while living in AK, but both have been sans Greg.
-Seeing our FAMILIES!
-3D ultrasound
-Maternity/Family Pictures
-Baby Showers!
-Seeing my BEST girlfriends...ohmmmmgeeeee I'm so excited!!
-Shopping at "normal" places
-Eating at "normal" places...and this pregnant girl is going to take full advantage!
-A visit to WCU. Greg and I haven't been back in a couple of years and my how I miss it!
Ekkk..so excited!
In other news, I'm thinking about taking my blog private. For some reason I just don't feel like I can use this blog for what it has always been for anymore. I started this back when we first got engaged as a wedding planning tool...then it turned into my outlet when Greg and I were apart for 6 months before the wedding. It was an awesome way for us to communicate and him stay "in touch" with what was happening in my life. I thought I could do the same this time around, but every time I sit down to write I always end up stopping. To me, that's not fair. I guess my real attitude should be that this is my little corner of the world and if you don't like it you are are welcome to leave. :) Any thoughts? Time will tell, I guess!
This past weekend was extremely rough for me...I came down with the flu and literally did not know how I was gonna make it! Finding the energy to get out of bed and go to the bathroom was the hardest task..much less dragging myself out in a blizzard and -30 degree tempartures for Vicks Vapor Rub. Which, by the way, I paid $11 for!! My family back home could not believe I paid that much for something that normally costs $1. ha! Anyways, I stayed in constant contact with my mom and bestie back home who kept urging me to take myself to the ER. But I'm so dang stubborn. I didn't eat or drink anything for about 3 days, which is not the best condition for a sick pregnant lady.
Happily, I am on the mend, but I certainly learned a whole lot during this experience. For starters, I'm really questioning if Alaska is where Baby Bennett and I need to be once he arrives. How in the world would I do it if I were that sick with a newborn? With no one to help watch Bennett or heck, even bring me a glass of juice! It did scare the beejeeebees out of me to consider all of this. I didn't invest my time very well when we first got here and now it has me in situations I never thought I would be in! This is definately something Greg and I will have to discuss when he gets back. I know he would be much happier if I went home during the big "D", but he's always let me make the choice. I was the stubborn one thinking that I could "tough it out", but is it really worth it?
19 comments:
My my my.. where to start??
1. I have made my blog private twice since I've started it. It never lasted. I LOVED that fact that I could write whatever I pleased without worrying who might see it. I HATED that I didn't feel like part of this blogger community. The posts don't show up in the reader, and most people won't remember to check it out. If you do go private, I will remember to always check on you :)
2. March sounds super exciting for you! I'm jealous that you can go home and eat whatever the heck you want without the guilt. Is that sad? HA! I'm going home for two weeks in March also. I know our homes are very close and it makes me sad that we will be so close and still not meet. I would love to meet you in real life!
3. You need to do whatever will help you get through the big D. I've often thought this through multiple times and I don't think there is a right answer. The best answer is whatever will make you happy.
Glad you are feeling better!!
I'm so glad you're feeling better, girl! I felt so bad that you were all alone up in Alaska dealing with it. I hope your trip home comes soon!
I was just blogging around this evening and found your blog. You have done a nice job with your page. Great pictures, and I hope you have a healthy baby. My kids are all grown up now, and my husband is 20 year retired military.
Thanks for letting me visit.
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
Scaryyy being sick and pregnant! Glad you're feeling better!
And, while I totally understand the whole 'tough it out' mentality, I totally recommend going home. I did it here with my husband and without family, and barely managed. Post-labor and a brand new baby is when you need people to take care of you so you can take care of your baby!
Good luck making that decision though, it is definitely rough no matter which way you go!
Ahhhh, so much to look forward to in March! I seriously do miss you girl. We NEED a skype date PRONTO!!!!!!! So glad you’re feeling better, scary stuff and being by yourself, yikes!!! And as far as your blog goes, you just need to do what’s best for you and we’ll understand ;) Love you bunches!!!!!
I would sure miss your updates if you went to private!
That has to be fun being sick and prego. I am happy to hear that you are feeling better! God Bless and have a great weekend!!!
March is going to be the best month ever :)
Please don't make your blog private, I LOVE reading your updates.
My DD and I will be going home for this deployment, it is the first for us and there is no way we are staying here in Alaska.
While DH has been at training we have both had the flu and she had the stomach virus as well, to say we have both been miserable is an understatement.
Glad you're feeling better :).
As for going private, I'm inclined to tell you to write whatever you want and tell anyone who doesn't want to read it to screw off, but I can understand where you're coming from. In the end it's your decision but I'd hope to be able to still read :).
And staying in Alaska once the baby's there..once again, do what you need to do. It certainly sounds like it could be quite the ordeal.
P.S. your belly in the last post is SO CUTE :). Congratulations!
Oh no! Sorry to hear you were so sick! That's rough. I had my blog private once and for me it just wasn't worth the hassle.
Hi there. I just came across your blog. Glad to see another Army wife blogger. Stephanie from http://militarytravelmama.com
I am here in NC and I am jealous for your March :) you are going to have a great time- as you deserve.
I am sorry you were stuck in the freezing cold all by yourself. You should def consider being home (nc home), at least for the first month, after the baby is born. You are going to be so tired and he is going to demand a lot out of you. You have to be healthy for him!!
I am very stubborn as well, and as I learned this past weekend, when I was so sick I thought I was going to die... (okay, I exaggerate to get my point across) it's NOT worth it.
Take lots of pictures at WCU when you visit. I’ve only been back once since I graduated and I miss it so much. Oh to go back to those lovely days. I miss it so much.
Just think of how much stronger you are becoming during all of this! Stay faithful.
oh and btw, i wish i looked that great when i was sick!!!
Come home and stay home!! Sounds great to me!!
Hey Shannon, I know we never got close via the Knot, but I always found your positive attitude and love of life so wonderful. You will make the right decision :-) I was apart from my husband for 9 months during our first year of marriage...Looking back I am relieved it's behind us, but so glad what it made us. We're so strong together. Just being apart from the love of your live confirms your 'need' that you just have to be together! I wish you the best.
Again, I LOVE reading your blog. I actually think I am going to need to start one ASAP. Me and the hubs are taking the baby plunge this year, God willing :-)
Hi! You don't know me, but don't worry - I'm not a blog stalker. At the moment, I can't remember who I linked to your site from, but I've sure enjoyed reading about your adventures.
My name is Kenya. I'm a graduate of WCU (2000) and I grew up in Lake Lure - a short walk to the resort where you were married. And now, I live in the Asheville area (Fairview). So, I feel like I "know" you - or at least I understand where you're from! :)
I have two children - a 4-year-old boy and a 1-year-old girl. You are obviously a very strong woman, but when you become a mommy, it will be important to have a support system - and if NC is where that support system is, that might just be where you need to be. And if you need a recommendation for an OB/GYN in the area - I can hook you up. :)
Your blog has helped me on a personal level. When I read of your love for Greg, it reminds me of my love for my husband. That may sound stupid, but sometimes I get caught up in my daily routine and I forget to acknowledge how blessed I am. Thank you for reminding me.
Congratulations on your beautiful life. I know you have your down days. I can only imagine the struggles of being an army wife. I admire your commitment - you commitment to your husband, our country, your friends and family, your baby, and yourself. You are a gem, that's easy to see!
And thank you to Greg for his commitment,too.
I wish you the very best and know that baby Bennett will be welcomed into a home full of love, kindess, and faith. What more could he need. :)
why people write mean things is beyond me... if they don't like the blog -don't read it! Silly!!!
Do what is right for you. I think the blog is meant to support people and network. I love reading your posts!
Hi! I've been following your for a year now and I love reading it! You're so positive and I like that! I started following because your dress for your husbands OCS ball was what I wanted for my husband's OCS ball and I just stuck around! So keep posting and congratulations on your sweet family addition. Boys are so fun to have! You're going to love every minute!
Just discovered your blog! You are such a cute little pregnant lady. I'm sad that you're thinking of making it private, but I understand. I'm in Alaska too!! Hubby is stationed at Ft wainwright.
The only reason I am staying in AK during deployment is because there really isn't room for us at my mom's or hubby's parents house. I have two toddlers, two cats and a dog. I even considered renting an apartment back home just to NOT be here but then realized the cost would be outrageous and it would be more of a hassle than anything.
Wow, sorry for my novel of a comment. Haha. I tend to get rambly. Rambley?!
Im glad youre better and I know i took forever to respond... I hope you dont go private... I love your blog
Post a Comment