Wednesday, December 9, 2009

2 very IMPORTANT things.

1) Listen to every single lyric in this song.

God's timing is flawless..for I heard this tonight, one of the hardest days of my life.

I have been very absent lately..and for that, I will not apologize. To say I've been dealing with alot is an understatement..and 1/2 of the stuff I'm dealing with no one knows about. I know there are other military wives out there who have to be able to understand me on this: but do you ever feel as if you are always the support system and never have one yourself?!? I feel as if I try and try and try to build my husband up...Constantly giving him 1,000% of me so he can continue to do well in his training and such...and it leaves me feeling SO empty. He is amazing to me while he is away, please do not get me wrong, but I feel as if I have absolutely no one to lean on to build me back up, make me feel needed and appreciated...and to reinforce that I'm doing something right. And that's not even HALF of the emotions I'm feeling...

I know that God has the plans for our future...but getting through the hard times is never easy on anyone. Lately, has been one of those hard times. A very important time for both Greg, myself..and our future. And after today, I can honestly say that I am married to the man God created for me...because no matter how much pain my heart may feel, I would rather experience this pain than live without the love and friendship of my husband.

Sorry for the emotional babble..but I have GOT to get this off my chest.

2)go HERE! If you have internet access you do not have an excuse to not do this...takes all of 2 seconds and the lives you will touch will be endless.

23 comments:

JG said...

Wow, it sounds like you've been reading my mind for the last few weeks. I don't know the specifics of your situation, but what you are feeling sounds exactly like what I'm feeling right now.

Anyway, if you ever want to talk, you can just hit "reply" to this comment and it goes straight to my email.

Kristie said...

It will get better... there are days when I want to scream and stomp my feet at my husband and then to God. It's these times He (God not my husband) is teaching me, stretching me, making my stuborn self grow in some form or another!

Hang in there!
Blessings,
Kristie

soldiersprincess said...

I did it! What a wonderful site! To be able to send a card that easily! There is absolutely no excuse not to!
THANKS!

Sarah said...

I know exactly (well darn close) how you feel. My husband is here for me as much as he can be, but with his work schedule it just isn't enough. And I have to rely solely on him- which isn't fair to him, but it is what it is. The sad part is is that when you take on this life, your old one kind of gets left behind and you lose so many of the people who you used to turn to, and its really hard to replace them. I wish I had advice, but as I'm still figuring it all out myself, I don't have much to offer. All I can say is keep staying positive.

Lauren said...

I love love love you, Shannon. Anytime you need to talk you have my number. I'm always here and you know that!!!!! :)

Kim said...

Thanks for that website! I sent one! :)

I'm sorry you feel this way & pray that things get better along the journey of your marriage! Love ya! ♥

Run Jess Run said...

You've got a support system here:) I'm glad you guys made it safely to where you were going and that you're back here!!

Brittany Ann said...

Oh, honey! Hang in there! I am praying for you in these trying times! There will be times in marriage where Greg will be the one building you up, too - although I know what it feels like to lack support, and it can be so hard not to get mired down in that. I have, myself, at times.

As you said though, God made you for this man, and by acknowledging that, you will be infinitely blessed! God blesses us for building up our husbands even when it would be easier to turn tale and forget that we are called to live with them as the heads of households.

Love you to pieces girly!

Mrs. Hanson said...

Aww Shannon... I am so so sorry sweetie! If you need ANYTHING at all please let me know! I would love to be there to support you!!

Thinking and praying for you, I love you!

Jessica said...

I haven't been able to listen to the song yet. Apparently, there is "no output device installed" on my computer all of a sudden.

My heart is fully going out to you love! I don't know exactly the right thing to say, if there even is a right thing, but I do know how hard it is. Hang in there. As hard as it is right now, you have the right frame of mind. You are remembering that you were made for your husband. Just remember that while you are busy supporting your husband, God is always right there lifting you up. Lean on him, He will give you the strength to be what your husband needs. He knew that when he made the 2 of you twenty something years ago!
You have NO IDEA how much I wish that we lived near each other. I know I've mentioned this 100 million times, but I just know we'd be bff's. I'll keep praying!!

Kenya said...

You have us to support you! We might not know each other personally, but I think everyone else would agree with me that we are all here to help and support our fellow bloggy friends. I can't imagine what you are going through now because I'm not married to a military husband and I didn't have to pack up and leave my family and friends to move towards your future, but I will tell you this. You are a strong beautiful woman who has a good head on her shoulders. You are right, God never said that hard times would be easy to go through, but God does give us strength to get through those hard times and you and your husband both encompass so much strength that you will make it to the other side. I send you lots of support from all the way from NJ to you and hope this message makes you smile.

God bless and remember, I am here for you even if you want to e-mail me to vent. Sometimes us ladies just need to vent and you'll be amazed at how much better you feel. But remember, you are never alone, God is always by your side.

Much love sweetie and feel better.

Allison said...

Hey. It will be okay. I know exactly how you feel (I think) and it's hard to give so much and feel so empty... but he'll be able to build you back up again when he sees you. It will be okay.

And us bloggers got your back.

Mary said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now... I hope things ease up a bit soon!

Meagan said...

Hi love! I am so sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time. I am not a military wife, but I do understand the feeling of giving so much of yourself and not feeling like its returned. You are not alone. I know that this is just the bloggie world, but I'm serious in saying that if you need anything, I'm here. Sometimes you just need someone to listen and say everything's going to be alright. Well love, everything is going to be just fine! God will take care of you and in time you will look back and say, "Huh, so this is why God did that." And smile!

Jennifer said...

can you please send me your email address?

praying for you in this time as well!

Paige said...

Oh Shannon I hate that you are dealing with whatever is going on right now. I will be praying for you! Keep your pretty head high girl!

Brittany said...

Sorry your having a tough time! I kinda know how you feel! We are stationed in Hawaii where i still know NOBODY and hubby working all the time...Times get tough but us ARMY wives are tough and gotta stick together. If you need anything feel free to contact me!
Hang in there :)

I sent out a card too

Brittany

tootie said...

I think we've all felt like you do at times. (At least I know I have!!) Keep your chin up. I hope things will be looking up soon!

Jess & Brad said...

What a great way to say thank you to the people who deserve it most.
I'm praying for you and your husband.

Ashley said...

I am thinking about you. I know I don't understand what it is like to be an army wife but, I most certainly think about you and hope you are doing ok.

The Undomestic Mom said...

i just started reading your blog and I will be praying for you!

Anne @ Sincerely, Britches said...

Don't forget that God hears every prayer and knows the pleas of your heart. Don't give up; your 1,000% probably means more to your husband than his words could ever tell you!

Miss Jody said...

Oh sweetie.
I'm a military wife..
{well, duh you know that...}
But it doesn't get easier sweetie. You'll learn how to adjust. I'm not gonna give you some reasurance of how easy it is...because honestly it's not.
OUR JOB AS A MILITARY WIFE IS JUST AS HARD AS THEM BEING A SOILDER.
They are fighting for something they beieve in...and so are we, the wives.We are fighting everyday for our marriage/family/relationship.
They sometimes get fustrated....so do we.
Being a military wife is not easy.

Stand by him...which I know you will. The ending results are so rewarding.
After being apart from my husband for almost 2 years. And ALOT in between those times- I used alot of time to learn about me. Who I am. My strengths and weaknesses.
Now that he is home, and his deployment is behind us...I know we can with stand anything that is thrown at us.

If you ever need to chat more or talk, you can e-mail me. jtruearmywife@yahoo.com