Thursday, November 19, 2009

On the road again.

The car is packed..FULL. The temporary lodging is...EMPTY.
Thank HEAVENS!
Do not get me wrong, I have enjoyed our time in Virginia, however, I have not enjoyed living in a crap-hole. We returned home from our Honeymoon as Newlyweds and came straight to the Ramada in Petersburg, Virginia. Doesn't that just sound like the life?!? A LONG 15 days later we moved into our small little 2 room/galley bath/galley kitchen apartment.

Friday morning, Greg graduates from BOLC III and we're off to NC to celebrate Thanksgiving. Next stop for him will be Airborne School to jump out of Airplanes and I am going to stay in our hometown to get everything ready for our big move...which is A MONTH AWAY!!!

Since this blog is about documenting our lives together & our Army Adventures...here's a little recap of our time spent in Viginia:

-Moved into here on Aug. 15th after 2 dreadful weeks in the nastiest Ramada ever.


-Cooked A LOT to pass the time.


-Went to Busch Gardens, for free.



-Discovered Short Pump Towne Center in Richmond & shopped at my very 1st H&M...I'm a believer!

-Spent the day at Virginia Beach & got burnt like a lobster.



-Ate at the Cheesecake Factory for the very 1st time & now believe when I'm on my death-bed I will plead for a slice of Craig's Crazy Carrot Cheesecake.

-Went to Williamsburg and got zero pictures!

-Went home to welcome these guys into the world {which I cannot wait to get my hands on again}



-Had my parents up for a visit.

-Worked out like madness & threw my body for a loop...long, extensive story.


-Visited Washington DC for the weekend with the in-laws and walked my poor little feet off.


-Discoverd that being healthy & having a family with Greg is my #1 priority right now..even if I can't fit into my skinny jeans. He loves me. The end.

-Fell back in love with Monopoly...best.game.ever.of.all.time. You never get too old for it, trust me.

-Met some pretty great friends & had some hilarious moments. Thank you Zach & Scott. :) {see, you're famous now}

-Celebrated Greg's 28th Birthday.

-Lived together for the very 1st time...it has been interesting to say the least. ;)

-Attended the General's Reception & I got to purchase a new dress {well, 2 actually. Hey, a girl's gotta have options}


-Fell in love with each other more & more every.single.day. Greg, baby, I am SO proud of you. I hope you know that there is not a single day that I do not thank God for giving you to me.


See ya later Ft. Lee...we shall see you again in a few years for Captains Career Course, Lord-willing.

16 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Yay! Glad you're moving away from the crap-hole! Can't wait to hear about the new digs!

Rachel said...

Virginia will miss you, but I can see why you're ready to leave! I know that Petersburg is not the top place to live! I grew up in Chesterfield county, and know what Petersburg is like. But I'm glad you enjoyed your time here! Can't wait to follow you on your next step on your journey :)

jlc said...

Ouuuuuu CCC is in just a few months for us!!!


Lots of luck with the packing --- you look FAB in all the pics!!! Beautiful couple. :)

Anonymous said...

First of all, your nephews are precious!! I just want to squeeze their lil' cheeks :)

I'm happy for you to be getting out of that tiny place... man, it's going to be nice to have some breathing room! I hope you have safe travels!

Lea Liz said...

Wow girl sounds like you have done sooo much!! Goodluck on you move and new journey!!

Jessica said...

Great update love! Have a great Thanksgiving and an even better Christmas. I'm sure I'll chat with you, but ya know.. have to make it blog official ;) Then on to the next chapter which will hopefully include myself!

Mrs. Hanson said...

Aww! Yay for moving :) Congrats for making it though a Ramada nightmare and living in small living arrangements! EEK! But now on to bigger and better things...


SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH! CONGRATS! :)

p.s. You are freaking gorgeous! Stop worrying about those skinny jeans, your a skinny minnie pretty girl as it is! XO

Paige said...

You have had such an amazing summer/fall! I cannot wait to read where life takes you & your Hubby in the next year! Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving with your family!

p.s.
Your foot looks soo painful in that picture =(

Lauren said...

LOVED this!!! So excited for you and this new journey!!!!! :)

JG said...

What fun pics (except for your poor toe!) Good luck with all the packing and traveling!

Brittany said...

You're so cute. But that poor foot of yours! Please take good care of it!

soldiersprincess said...

Hello! I'm new to the site but I wanted to say your post's really are a blessing to me! They make me so much more thankful for my wonderful boyfriend! Thank you so much :) God bless :) and have a fantastic thanksgiving

Kate said...

This is a precious post! So glad that you are so enjoying married life!!

Miss Jody said...

Girl, alot has happened since I started following you !
Just hang in there! :)
Hope you had a great holiday :)

Kim said...

I miss you girly! Hope all's well! Love your photos' seems like you had a great weekend, keeping busy! ;)

Julia said...

wow that looks like a lot of things all at once. congratulations on your wedding.