I started reading through it a little in the store and I told Greg my interest in it...he then purchased it for me! :) Yay! He's just the best man on this Earth..I promise! :) I then began doing the devotional every Monday morning! What a great way to start off the week!
Here's why this devoation is particularly good for me at this point in my life....I'm away from my Fiance. I'm alone....engaged, however, living the "single" life. I attend weddings alone, birthday parties alone, church alone, etc. It.is.HARD. not easy. not one bit. And I do know..that there will more of these circumstances down the road. It will happen. And my goal, is to make the most of it! Yes, it sucks, blows, etc...but there's nothing we can do about it, except just Live! This book has increasingly helped me do so..it discusses each week something in the Bible that we have to be greatful for..and how to look at life with a renewed vision! A POSITIVE vision! To give you a little glimpse, this week it discussed how God gave the ultimate sacrifice...His son's blood..for our sins! How cool is that? I mean, if He can do that, then surely I can survive attending a few get-togethers by myself.
A few more quotes from the book:
"When you have nothing left but God, you become aware that he is enough." - Author Unknown
"Faith puts God between us and our circumstances." - F.B. Meyer
Now, I'm not gonna lie, I'm not the best at remaining postive...{and for us girls, horomones can play a huge role in it all..if you get my drift} but I'm working on it...and at this point, I think that's a very good step! I miss Greg HORRIBLY! Not a single day doesn't go by where my eyes don't fill up with tears..and most of the time they fall and I have to find a tissue real fast. I miss his egg salad sandwichs he used to bring me for lunch, his random texts throughout my day, him coming to watch high school basketball while I coached cheerleading and bringing his cute lil chair for the bleachers like an old man, ordering 1 sweet tea and 1 water to save $ and sharing the sweet tea {lame, I know, but it's cute}, making dinner with him...taco salads especially, shopping with him and hearing him complain b/c I have to touch everything in the store...
those are to just name a few...I.miss.everything.about.him. But I also know that I need to be positive because there are so many awesome things to be thankful for! And there's not a single thing in my life that I can't handle...that I can't get through. As it's put so simply, "If God brings you to it, He'll get you through it". Clearly stated. I know some of you are reading this and thinking, honey, you're just getting started..and you are right! I am..Greg is...We are! But I want to start this entire adventure with the right attitude and faith...
I am so incredibly proud of Greg and for all of his accomplishments! He is not only doing well at his training..but he's excelling in it! I am so lucky to be marrying a man who is so determined and focused! Greg, if you ever get a chance to read this...know that I will stand behind you 120% and continue to work at being positive....For you, for me, for US! :) I love you sweet boy!

29 comments:
That is beautiful!! and just think...3 months and 2 days you will marry that man of yours!
You are just precious my friend! I think we all need to read this book. We are ALL human and aren't always positive. I'd love to read this book, because I definitely know I need to work at being positive!
Thanks for sharing this post today!
You are handling this so much better than most people would. I am sure Greg is so extremely proud of the woman he is about to marry. Keep strong!
This is really sweet!!! Its good to be proud of one another.. xxooo
Shannon, this was such a sweet post!! You have a beautiful heart and will make an amazing Military wife. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for you guys but you're so right, staying positive makes a huge difference. God is going to bless you both for your sacrifices. You're an inspiration to a lot of young women and so precious!
This was GREAT! I love it! :) Thank you for sharing!
Oh, so beautiful! I'm glad you shared this, because no matter where we are in our marriages, we definitely need to all keep this message in mind! I'm praying for you in your journey as Greg's future wife! You're going to be a great one!
I think I might need this book, too. It sounds like one you'd read and do more than once.
Oh, and you've got an award on my blog!
Hey Pretty Lady... I left you something on my blog...
That sounds like a wonderful book for me to be reading right now!
These quotes are beautiful!! I need to read this book!
Hi There, I just came across your blog and am loving what I've read so far. I can't wait to read more. My hubby and I ALWAYS order one water and one soda when we're out for dinner to save money. So not lame!
Oh, I want to cry! What a sweet post. You are so strong! I think sharing the sweet tea and water is soooo cute! And I want to read this book, thanks for the suggestion!
Awww, this is really sweet and genuine post, i love it!! Thanks for sharing..
I think that it is wonderful how prepared you are getting. I wish I had done the same!
xo
Katy
Hey girl! Glad to see you are following my new blog- thanks :)
I know things can seem tough at time, but it sounds like you've got the right idea, and a great attitude to carry you through.
I look forward to getting to know you more soon :)
WAY TO GO!! You are DEFINITELY starting off on the right track! Be proud of yourself! Somedays will be tougher than others but hang in there--it will ALL be worth it when you say "I DO!"
I don't really have anything to say that hasn't already been said, but you know I love you and every single girl on here is right... you are such a strong, beautiful person, inside and out, and I so admire how wonderfully you are handling everything. You've got a great attitude and I know that you will make it through whatever life, or God, or the Army decides to throw at you! Keep smilin girly, he'll be home soon! ;)
I will have to try this book. i love devotionals!! :) i'm sorry your alone sometimes, my husband never goes to church with me. i guess its a lil different, but i want that so bad. :( have a good weekend!!
great book! loved it!
so happy u came across my blog.. your blog is darling.. darling!!!
I need to read that book for sure.. bec somedays it is soo hard to stay positive.. and love the quotes:) cant wait to follow along in your life journey:)
Something in your post really caught me.
We are both engaged but living the single life. Doesn't it suck sometimes? haha
What a sweet post! :)
Just wanted to say hi... just found your blog from Nessa's and wanted to check it out. Gonna go follow you now and add you to my reader :)
Hang in there sweetie, your very strong and so is your relationship. It's what you want to make of it. Your a beautiful person inside and out..and your husband is so very lucky to have a stronge wife-to-be next to him!
im definitely going to buy this book!
Great great post!!
I just bought 2 books like this last night. I LOVEEEE reading them. They really apply to my life!
You need to "dwell on the positive" instead of "dwelling on the negative." So true!
I love the way you love him :)
Hi Shannon! My name is Becky and I stumbled across your blog this morning. I just wanted to say that what I've read has been very encouraging. I'm getting married in 4 months and my fiance lives in Houston, TX (I live in Wichita, KS). I only get to see him once a month, so I understand how hard it can be for you to not get to see Greg. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm enjoying your blog. I look forward to reading what's next!
Post a Comment