Month In Review - #11 {February 2012}
(I'm a little bit late on this post..but better late than never.)
-Bennett started his first class at The Little Gym. We went once a week for the month of February and each time he got more and more comfortable. I do believe he would have enjoyed it more if he was crawling already. Being in a class with other babies who crawled was frustrating for him because he wanted to GO!
-Bennett also took swim lessons once a week and graduated. Can you tell I'm a proud Mommy? We had lots of fun together splashing and playing. I know he is young, but I do not want him to have a fear of water and I think the best way to avoid that is to give him lots of experience in it. He loves bath time equally as much as the pool. We are going to have so much fun this summer!
-Enjoyed some beautiful days at the park. The kid loves to swing.
-Enjoyed some fabulous Girls Nights to include an over-night sleepover with the Bests and Britty coming to town!
-Celebrated Valentine's Day with my sweet little man. We had a great day together and are looking forward to Daddy being home for the next one!
-I began a lifestyle change of eating healthier and running again! It has been the greatest.thing.i.have.done.for.myself. this deployment. I have missed running and I'm so excited to get back into it!
-Bennett started to TALK! His voice is the sweetest sound I've ever heard! His first word was "Dada" and the following week he began saying "Mama". He can also say "Nana" which is my mom. I could listen to him all day!
-I also began tanning again. Operation: Greg is Coming Home is in full force!
-Attended a WCU Basketball Game with some fellow Dance Alum and had the greatest time! Bennett loved the game, but was so exhausted after. He had his first O'Malleys experience and I'm so excited to take him back in the years to come! Especially for Homecoming! I do love my alma mater.
-Bennett turned 8 months old! 2/3 of a year! Not ready for this.
This is what the donut looked like the beginning of March...
On to MARCH:
-A few more Girls Nights. I have no idea how to survive without them.
-Traveling :)
-St Patrick's Day! And running in my 1st 5k since having Bennett.
-Bennett turning 9 months old!
So excited! I honestly couldn't imagine my days getting any better..but I know when Greg returns home they will! I am so blessed!
And lastly...found this quote on pinterest and had to share:
"Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can possibly muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again." - Og Mandino
Profound, huh?

1 comment:
Love that quote! Congrats to you for running a 5k with a 9mo! That is impressive!!!
Post a Comment