Monday, April 2, 2012

Month In Review - #12 {March 2012}

Month In Review - #12 {March 2012}
This will be LAST Month In Review!  Holy Cow!

-Had some Girls Nights and had to say "see you soon" to some of my very best friends.  I have no words for how grateful I am to have these people in my life, especially during the deployment.  Being around them was hands down the BEST decision I could have made for myself and Bennett!

-Traveled to Tennessee to visit with my family one last time.  Bittersweet, but such a great time!

-Bennett got both of his top teeth in and they are adorable!  We did have a few rough days from them, but well worth it! 

-Traveled a long way :)

-Celebrated St. Patrick's Day by running in my first 5k since having Bennett.  I cannot tell you how much I love running.  I always have and it feels sooooo good to be back after taking over a year off with my pregnancy and Bennett's first few months.  A day without getting to run kinda feels like a waste.  I'm SO excited about the Mommy & Me gym here on post.  Bennett and I have found a great time to go each day and it's worked out wonderful so far!

-Went to watch the Dog Sled Races!  That was fun, but so so cold!  Bennett only tolerated about 10 minutes of it!

-Bennett and I both came down with a nasty cold/flu.  It was horrible!  I am so thankful it only lasted a week and we are both much better!

-Celebrated my baby turning 9 months old!  So crazy!  He was perfect at his 9-month well visit..post about that coming soon!

-Bennett started really attempting to crawl.  He would do it randomly, but never when I had the video camera out! Typical!

-We've gotten into a swing of things here in AK and it feels amazing!  It's so hard to believe that the last time we were here was during his first couple of months and I was going through PPD.  I keep having flashbacks of how life was then and it is something that I do not care to remember.  But I'm loving being back and it feels so good to be in our HOME!

Now, for such a pretty sight...

Happy Spring, Friends!!


11 comments:

Kace said...

Your donut looks really good! I can't wait to see homecoming photos!

Jessica said...

I AM SO EXCITTEEDDDDDD!!!!! for you! Eeekkss.. I squealed! You have done amazingly well through this deployment (it sounds like and I'm pretty sure of it) and you're so close to having your best friend home! How thrilling!
I can't wait to see the amount of fun Bennett and his Daddy will have together. I do hope you will keep blogging. If not, you'll just have to email or text me :)

Soooo... Coming home from a Deployment usually means a PCS is coming up? I'm sure it's almost time for CCC, but I'd really like you to come to Bliss. Bliss.. doesn't that sound nice? I mean.. in just a few weeks it'll probably be reaching the 100s temp-wise. Doesn't that sound tempting after Alaska??

Expat Girl said...

The donut looks amazing, keep it up, youre almost there!!!

Mrs. K said...

I can't believe the donut is almost all green!!! Getting so excited for you! Glad to hear you are settled in AK. Looking forward to hearing about the Mr.'s return!

Gia said...

congrats on the 5k! and the donut of misery looks so good. yay for your hubby almost being home :)

Julie said...

totally loving that your donut of misery of almost complete.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay!!! That's great that you are in the final stretch!!!

The Ramblings of a Thirtysomething Wife said...

Hope you have had a wonderful homecoming! It's been forever since you blogged. Are you still doing it?

Unknown said...

This donut looks very, very familiar. Congrats on making it through!

Paige said...

Just thinking of you and praying that you guys are doing wonderful!!

Mrs Gable said...

Hey Shannon, I use to follow your blog and just adored it. Fell away from blogging for a long time and went to check yours and noticed you don't blog anymore. Hope everything is great with y'all and looking forward to the one day blog posts.