Tuesday, October 11, 2011

perspective.

As I was driving to my Mom's house to do some laundry this afternoon...ok, to do LOTS of laundry, I was thinking to myself how many bibs, burp cloths, and outfits I go through in one day with my little boy.  He spits up..a lot.

At that very moment the Christian Radio Station I was listening to asked for prayer for a family.  The son was having to be fed from a feeding tube because of problems with his esophagus and doctors were extremely worried about his prolonged health.

It felt all too familiar to me since we have taken Bennett to the doctor multiple times due to his poor weight gain/spitting up/feeding issues.  Praise God we have found a solution to my sweet boy's problem, but I was slapped right in the face with the reminder that many haven't.

As I looked in my rearview mirror at the precious little boy in my backseat who was kicking his legs and playing with toys..all while wearing a soaking wet bib, I thanked God for spit up. And for the healthy little boy who does it.

Perspective.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Love this!!!!! :)

Kristin said...

such A SWEET BABY BOY YOU HAVE!
just came across your blog. love it!