"Dear Bennett,
I want you to know...
...that you are LOVED! God loves you more than you can imagine...you are his child and your daddy and I just get the gift of raising you! Your mommy and daddy honestly couldn't love you anymore than we do. There are many times, Bennett, where I feel like my heart is going to explode with all of the love I have for you in there! That will never change.
...that you are SPECIAL. There is only one you, Bennett, so be proud of who you are. Your quirks and flaws make you into the most special Bennett W. and I hope you stay true to yourself. God knew the hairs on your head long before you were born...I hope you find your identity in Him!
...that your daddy is a HERO. I know you are too young to understand this now at only 4 months old, but your daddy is such a remarkable man. I look forward to the day when you understand his sacrifices for our country and family. I am soooo thankful that you have such an amazing example to learn from. No matter what the problem or issue in your life, I hope you turn to your Heavenly Father first for help, then your Earthly Father second. With both of them on your side, you are destined to grow up a hero yourself.
...that you were WORTH the wait. Your daddy and I wanted you for so long! We waited and waited on God's perfect timing to bring us a child. When He gave us you in His timing, we were beyond thankful. I would wait another million years just to have the chance to hold you. You are more than anything I could ever dream of.
...that we will ALWAYS BE THERE. Your daddy and I have talked so many times about how we would want to parent our children. The most important thing for us both is that you always know, no matter what, we will be there for you. You are going to make mistakes, for those are what will make you the man you are to become. We want you to know that you can talk to us about anything...we will never make you feel bad about your choices, but instead help lead you in the right direction. I know you will go through stages where we aren't "cool" to hang out with..but forever and always, we'll be waiting for you. As your mommy, I also promise that I will be at EVERY big event in your life as long as I am healthy enough. From graduations, school performances, awards banquets, wedding, and birth of your children. If you want me there, Bennett, I will be your biggest cheerleader, no matter how far the distance from me to you.
...that God has a special lady for you to MARRY. Please, please, please...don't rush or settle. God knew long before you were born, who you will spend your life with. We hope that you wait for her..and we also hope that you treat her as well as your Daddy treats me.
...that everyone is SPECIAL. Just as I have told you that you are...so is everyone else you meet in life. I hope you have a kind heart towards others. The greatest thing you can do for someone is encourage them. When someone says they are having a bad day or feeling down, I hope you take the time to lift them up. It's the small things we do that make the biggest difference in someone's life...
I'll love you forever, my Bennett Boy.
-Mommy"
{photo by Colleen Hannah Photography}

5 comments:
Shannon-- You are such a great Mommy! I know that Bennett is going to trun out to be just as loving and kind as his parents. Hopefully Macey will find someone just like him one day... WAY in the future, like when she is 30, haha! :) God does have perfect timing and he knew you needed Bennett and Bennett needed you!! Being a Mommy is the best feeling in the world.
So sweet, I am astounded by your love for you family and Christ.. it truly is a blessing to read your words and see that your boy has such a great family to raise him :)
This such a sweet post... Bennett will look back some day and really feel the love from his mom. He's so cute, by the way!
Dear Bennett,
I want you to know that Aunt Tash loves you more than words can say! That sweet face and beaming smile warms my heart more than you will ever know! You are the luckiest little boy in the world because you have the best parents!! I love you and can't wait to hold you and play with you again!!
Love,
Aunt Tash
Aw, this is such a cute post for him!
Post a Comment