Thursday, September 8, 2011

Life as we know it.

WHERE to begin?!?

Oh, I know.
The little guy who held residence in my belly for 9 months...


Is now this smiley 10 week old!

Bennett Myles W.
June 27, 2011
2:17 pm Alaska Time
8lbs 4 ozs
21.25 inches


To say that he has stolen my heart is an understatement.  Who the heck was I before I became a mom?!?

The past 2 months have been the most incredible/awe-inspiring/challenging/rewarding/emotional months of my life! I know every new mommy knows this...but being a mother is the most humbling experience in the world! We've had a lot of ups and downs so far, but I wake up every morning thanking God for choosing me as the mother to raise this sweet, long-legged, clingy, smiley, his daddy-made-over, tummy-problem little boy!

When I look at Bennett I cannot help but think of the scripture in Jeremiah...
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..." - Jeremiah 1:5
God has such great plans for my baby and each new day I am thrilled to watch him develop and grow! He sure does love his mommy and lights up when he hears his amazing daddy's voice via Skype or DVD!

I realize I have a lot of catching up to do on this blog and I really want to have these memories posted to look back on..so, I'm working on it! We are now closing in on Month #5 of this deployment! I still LOVE marking my days off the calendar.  I also want to post Greg's R&R experience & Bennett's birth story, but no promises on when that will happen! For now..I'm soaking in every single memory because I already know they grow up too fast. 

You may or may not find me dancing around the room to this song with my sweet little man...

And I may or may not had a crying breakdown when he was 4 days old & I was dancing with him because I was already picturing us dancing at his wedding. Oh the joys...

10 comments:

Melissa said...

that song gets me every time!! I use it in my newborn slideshows. ::sniff::

Congrats on becoming a mom. Each month gets better and better!!! :)

Kayti said...

i love this post! :) looking forward to more! but i'm sure that's not at the top of your priority list right now with that sweet little man around. bennett is so precious, & i'm so happy for you!

can i also say that you're a pretty amazing woman? you're handling deployment & new mommyhood with so much grace. :)

Demetrius' mommy. said...

Awwww, I've been wondering about you and the babe. Congrats he's so cute.

Lauren said...

Cannot tell you how happy I was to see your post in my reader!!!!! Love you, friend, and that sweet boy is so so precious!!!!!

Becky said...

I am so glad to see you posting again and so happy to see that your little man's doing so well.He sure is a cutey! Mommyhood is exhausting and rewarding and so awesome. Can't wait to read your future updates!

I'll Love You Forever said...

Congrats! He is SO handsome! Being a mom really is the best :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Congrats! He's adorable!

Meagan said...

I am so excited you posted!! I have been wondering about you and your new little family for weeks! It's great to see that everything is going well and your little man is perfect. Can't wait to hear more! Congratulations ~Meagan

Mateya said...

So happy you're back! Bennett is such a handsome little guy! Congratulations! :)

Amber said...

What. The. Heck. You have a baby!! OMG, I'm sooo excited to hear from you! He couldn't be more precious. I can't wait to hear more about him, including his birth story! Congratulations, mama!!!