Tuesday, September 27, 2011

BMW - 3 Months.

Bennett Myles you are THREE months old! How is it possible that you entered our lives 3 months ago?  In a way, it feels like you have been here forever, but it also feels like yesterday when we were bursting with excitement as we welcomed you on that Monday.


-You wear a size 1 diaper (newborns didn't last too long with you).

-You wear some 0-3 stuff, but mostly 3-6 because of your long arms & legs. Your feet are about to bust out of the 3 month sleepers so I guess we will start moving up to 6 months soon.

-You wear a size 1 shoe and you LOVE when I put shoes on your feet.  You could stare at them all day long.


-We went to the doctor 3 weeks ago and you weighed 10.9 lbs and were 24.5 inches.  We go back to the doctor next week and I hope and pray you have put on a little weight.  They are concerned and so am I! You are in the 10-20th percentile for weight and 90th percentile for height!  One thing is for certain, you are one TALL boy! :)  This makes mommy happy.

-You have some horrible Reflux/Spitting up. It breaks my heart to see you hurting.  Our doctor in Alaska did nothing for you and wrote it off as a "laundry problem".  I was one mad momma! Here in North Carolina you are getting much better care...we've already had an ultrasound on your little tummy and it looks perfect! Thank goodness!  We had to give up breastfeeding (emotional..yes! Perhaps another post) & put you solely on Hypo-Allergenic Formula...Nutramigen. I had lots of food allergies growing up and part of me feels so guilty if you have them too. You have your good days and bad days with the new formula, but if it is a protein allergy, it takes a few weeks to completely get out of your system.  We are waiting to see...

-You take anywhere from 4.5-6 oz in your bottle every 3 hours.  Lately, you have been guzzling 6oz so I think you are going through a growth spurt! I sure hope so...I told my friends and family we were going to have a celebration when you get your first fat roll! :)

-You are so much more content now that you are on this formula.  It makes my life and yours so much easier to not have you wailing every 30 minutes.

-You LOVE music & dancing! We've moved up to VeggieTale DVD's instead of Baby Einstein...you seem to love all the action! You also love The Wiggles! Your little face lights up when you hear the music.

-You love your playmat and could lay on it for hours! "Mr. Moose" is your best friend.  You reach and bat at him and sometimes grasp on.
 

-We still do tummy time everyday, but you are becoming less interested! I'm always nervous to leave you there for too long because you have lost most of your food on many occassions!


-You get very still when I play your Daddy Doll and you hear your Daddy's voice! It also happens when he calls on Skype! I hope and pray you cling to him when he gets home in a few months!


-You are sleeping soooooooo much better here in NC.  We had a rocky start the first couple months of your life, but you seem to be getting the hang of a long stretch at nighttime! Most of the time you sleep anywhere from a 7-10 hour stretch in your little bed next to mine.  Soon, you will be moving to your own room and my mommy heart is already broken! I know it is best for both of us, but with your daddy being gone it is nice to have a roommate!

-I'm still putting you to sleep.  I have lived and learned seeing as how you are my first child.  You seem to have gotten the hang of things...swaddle, lights off, sound machine...then mommy has to pat your butt and bounce you! :)  I've been preparing myself for sleep training and I believe we will start soon.  I love putting you to sleep..but you have got to become independent! It will also help when you randomly wake up in the middle of the night and can't put yourself back to sleep for some reason.  I tend to get aggrevated when I have to get up to do it several times in a row! ;)

-You are SUCH a smiley boy. I can pretty much get you to smile at anytime and you've recently started smiling at everyone! You love attention and for people to just sit and talk to you.  I think you are going to be a social butterfly! My heart melts when your face lights up...you don't just smile with your mouth..it's all over your face!


-You also have a pouty face that is killer!  Help us all if you continue to use it to get your way...Mommy will for sure give in!


-So far you have been on a long plane ride across the country and 4 car trips! You've been in 6 different states already...Alaska, Washington, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, & Tennessee!

-Some of my favorite moments with you are first thing in the morning.  You usually always start smiling right away when I pick you up out of your little bed.  If you haven't given me a big mess to clean up aka: blowout, I usually put you in bed with me and snuggle for a few minutes.  We discuss how you slept, what the day will bring, and we usually end up talking about daddy. After that we sing our "morning song" while you laugh at me and I get you ready for the day. I am cherishing these moments...


-You love your cousin Landon.  He can always get a smile out of you..I know you remember him from when he came to visit you in AK when you were just a few weeks old.  Your other cousins Jack & Alex don't have much to do with you...they are young, but you love to watch them play!


-You also love your cousin Abby! You guys are 5 months apart, and even though you are younger, I hope you grow to be very protective of her! :) It makes me happy to know that you are getting a chance to grow up around them for a few months!

-We are staying with Uncle Ricky and Aunt Hilary in North Carolina while Daddy is at work.  We see your Nana and Papa just about every day and visit with Memere and Grandpa every Sunday and Wednesday evenings.  We also spend the night there occassionally.

-You have met some of my very best friends here in NC.  There are a lot of my friends who had babies within a week of your birthday, so that has been fun getting together with them!  All of them have had little girls so you have a long list of girlfriends for the future. ;)  So far you have met Aunt Laura, Aunt Tash, Ms. Maegan & Kylie, Miss Ashley, Ms. Melanie & Macey, and Miss Kristen.  October holds a lot of festivities for you so get excited to meet so many more!


-Your Daddy thinks your first word is going to be "Hi" because I say it to you so often.  It makes you smile the biggest when I say it in my goofy voice!

-You LOVE bathtime! We have a great bedtime routine that always includes a warm bath and you would splish & splash all night long if I let you. You clearly get that from your mommy...I took bubble baths when I was pregnant with you just about every day!  Your favorite is the Octopus that is on top of your bathtub..he's one of your dearest friends.

-I've noticed you have really taken to men holding you and talking to you.  When we first got to NC you wanted nothing to do with them, but lately you have done so much better.  I know you bonded with your daddy during those 2 weeks and there's something soothing about a deep voice.

-You sure do love your Mommy! And your Mommy loves you more than you could ever know. I'm beginning to know you so well..all of your cries, your faces, your movements.  It is true, no one knows their baby like his momma. While I hate to see or hear you crying, it is the best feeling to pick you up and be able to make you stop.  I need you just as much as you need me.


-I usually wear you when we go out in public.  The moby wrap has been a lifesaver, but now that you are getting bigger (and I'm only 5'2'') it has started hurting my back.


-We have recently learned that you do love a stroller! Just facing forward!!  You absolutely hate to be pushed in your travel system.  I think it's because you are such a nosy little booger that you can't see anything..not to mention you are moving backwards! ha! I tried you out in a smaller stroller last night around the mall and you had a blast seeing everyone/everything.  I hope you keep this up!

-You only like your paci when you are tired and want to fall asleep.  Now if we could just keep the thing in your mouth! :)

-You are doing better in your car seat.  In Alaska you would scream bloody murder until I got you out. Now you just play with your friends that are attached to it and usually kick your feet.  I think you're dancing to the music :)

-When you toot you kick your little leg like you are trying to push it out. You might hate me for telling you about this when you get older, but it really is adorable. 

-You are your Daddy made over! Anyone who doesn't believe in God, especially after having a baby, is just crazy!  It is the greatest miracle. He knew I would miss your daddy so much during this time apart that He gave me you! A mini-version!  I hope you grow up to be half the man he is...

so crazy, right?!?

Basically, Bennett...you are not perfect.  But you have made our lives perfect!  Since becoming your mom I understand the true meaning of joy.  I promise to do whatever it takes to make sure you are safe, happy, and healthy.  I cannot wait to see what the next 3 months have in store, but please, don't grow up too fast.

-Mommy

8 comments:

Kayti said...

so sweet, shannon :) you made me get a little watery eyed at the end there. what a blessed mama you are.

The Dunaway's said...

I love it! I love his little face so much! Aunt Tash loves you so much Bennett!

The Dunaway's said...

Aunt Tash loves you so much Mr. Bennett!! I love when you giggle & smile at me! It makes my day!

Anonymous said...

Shannon, this is so precious! I by no means am ready to have a child (I'm only 19 and have 2 years of college left) but this makes me so excited to mommy-hood wayyy later in life! Little Bennett is so adorable!

Kenya said...

SOOOO precious!! God bless!

Demetrius' mommy. said...

He is soooooo cute! I got flashbacks of my babe last year , my baby was also pretty tall and skinny.
I'm glad you updated I love your blog :)

Mrs. K said...

Love to hear all your stories!! Glad you're back on the East Side of the US!!! Mr. Bennett is adorable :) Can't wait to hear more!!

Mateya said...

Oh what a cutie! So glad to hear everything is going so well for you guys!

He sure does look like his Daddy!