Month In Review: #1 {April 2011}
-Went on our last Date Night "just the two of us"...next time I see my husband we will have a baby boy tag along! :)
-Said "see you soon" to the one man on this earth who is my absolute best friend. A long year awaits...
-Began eating my 1 Hersey Kiss for breakfast each morning.
-Had a girls day at Aubree's the day after our husbands left and consumed almost a whole plate of brownies! Thankfully, I had already passed my glucose test!
-Received my first phone call and almost peed my pants! Take note, there is a baby on my bladder and I get overly excited at any chance my husband is on the other end! Thank goodness for cordless phones and being at home when emergency strikes. :)
-Mailed off 2 Care Packages along with a Letter.
-Walked in two 5k's..or should I say waddled?
-Finished up shopping for the nursery..humidifier=check!
-Learned what it was like to not even go to the bathroom without my cell phone attached to my hand...or what it felt like to realize you weren't signed onto skype or facebook the entire night and had missed a chance to chat with your husband.
-Got an Easter Basket full of flowers on my front porch the day before Easter...the Easter Bunny came all the way from a war zone!! :)
-Celebrated Easter at my amazing church and then lunch with sweet friends afterwards
-Got to see my sweet husband's face and all of the worry and anxiety I had been feeling for 2 weeks was completely washed away for those 20 minutes.
-Went to a dentist appt for a cleaning and discovered that my gums are bleeding so bad from this pregnancy!
-Began having nightmares...
-Began having nightmares...
-Read Behind the Blue Star Banner in 2 days flat! Best Book EVER! If you are the wife of a deploying husband..and especially if you're pregnant...Run to get this book!
-Began turning officially crazy when I jumped up out of bed smiling because I had just heard my husband come home from PT one morning...nut job, this girl!
-Went to my 31wk Doctor's Appt and heard Bennett's heartbeat..adore that sound!
-Celebrated Aubree's 23rd Birthday with a surprise dinner at Silver Gulch! Such a good night!
Overall, I'm glad this month is over! Not to wish my life away or anything..but I think the change in calendar will do me some good! A new month..a new start..and a new opportunity to grow! Here's what I have to look forward to in the Month of May:
-A trip to NC..family, friends, sunshine, getting a tan, shopping..JOY!
-Attending 2 baby showers..I LOVE celebrations with friends. I think every day should be celebrated when you have such wonderful people in your life!
-A roadtrip to see my college bestie, Britty! Girls Weekend = Long Overdue!
-Celebrating my birth as I turn the big 2-6!
-Celebrating my nephew's 3rd birthday..that can't be right? He was JUST born!
Happy May, friends! xoxo
Happy May, friends! xoxo

6 comments:
I am glad you enjoyed the book! Happy May and safe travels!
what a great idea! I just might have to try this. just wanted to say that my gums bled so bad when I was pregnant! it was horrible. hope that gets better for you soon.
Sounds like you had some great things happen this month! I love hearing you be so positive, you are a amazing!
Reading this brings back so many emotions from when my husband was deployed. That cell phone will become your most used accessory :)
I hated that feeling of missing him on skype...ugh! But you have to just remember...it happens!
I am going to have to check out that book!
You have some really fun things to look forward to!
wow great ideas!!!
I like the idea of a month in review! I'm thankful for your husband's service to our country and for your sacrifice!
Post a Comment