Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cream-Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins

I recently fell in L.O.V.E with the Pumpkin Muffins at Starbucks {easy on the eyes & tummy...not so much on the waistline}. Anyways, I found this recipe online & gave it a try! These bad boys turned out DELISH..I literally had to stash one away for Greg to try on Friday and I made them on Thursday night! Needless to say, they went fast with my family!

Ingredients {makes 24...I had to make 2 batches of 12}
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon ground cloves
• 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
• 1 pinch cardamom (optional)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 4 eggs
• 2 cups sugar
• 2 cups pumpkin
• 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
• 8 ounces cream cheese
• chopped pumpkin seeds (optional) or walnuts (optional) or pecans (optional)


Directions
-Preheat oven to 350.
-Put the entire brick of cream cheese on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and shape it into a long log.
-Put it in the freezer while you mix and fill the pans, up to an hour.
-Unwrap and cut with a sharp knife so each cream cheese disk equals 1-2 teaspoons. If the cream cheese disks are too big around, cut thick slices and then cut them in half. This lets you push it down into the batter easier.
-Mix all ingredients together (except cream cheese and nuts).
-Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups) half full.
-Put cream cheese disc in the middle, pressing down.
-Sprinkle with chopped nuts.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part (do not touch the cream cheese!).
Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely. Do not touch the cream cheese until it cools.



Sidenotes: I love cream cheese anything, but not everyone does! I made a batch without the cream cheese middle for my brother & sis-in-law and they were equally as great! Since I do love the cream cheese filling, next time I make these I'm thinking about rolling the cream cheese in powerded suger before slicing. It was a bit "tart" with just cream cheese...but maybe that was just me. :)
Enjoy!

15 comments:

Rachel said...

Mmmmmm! Feel free to bring some to me at any time :)

Jacci said...

These look AMAZING!

Lindsay said...

i LOVE the starbucks muffins! these look great! i might have to try them!

Miss Jody said...

I love pumpkin anything! Yummmy!
My FAV!!!!
Okay, I'm gonna do this :)
and eat.every.single.one.
think I'm jokin'?

Lexilooo said...

Those sound amazing! I'm going to my boyfriend's parents for Thanksgiving, and was looking for a good recipe to try. I think I may try these, I'm sure they'll love them!

Brittany Ann said...

Oh my! I must make these! So delicious!

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

they look delicious!!! thanks for sharing the recipe!

Lauren said...

Those look amazing!!!!! :)

*Teresa* said...

OMG those look and sounds so YUMMY!!!!

Nat said...

These look delicious!!

Tiffany said...

Hi! Just found your blog today while looking for military-spouse blogs. Your recipe sounds yummy! When my hubby is back from TDY, I will have to make these for him.

Thanks for posting it. Have a great day!

Sonja said...

those look DELICIOUS!!!

I muuuust try these this weekend!!

Brittney said...

OMG yum! I want to make these!

Courtney said...

Those look delicious!

leojoel said...

Great recipe! Tried 2 others, this one is tops, a level of greatness, where the other recipes were merely good. Very moist, flavorful. Traded 1/2 a muffin - okay it was a large muffin to begin with, for a latte; it was all I had left to share when I stopped by my favorite stand to get a drink to go with my muffin. Thank you!!