Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Month In Review: #7 {October 2011}

Month In Review: #7 {October 2011}

-Attended the Pisgah vs. Tuscola game.  Haven't been back to one since I was in school...8 YEARS ago! Good grief, I'm getting old.  They were way more fun when I was a cheerleader and enjoyed sleepovers/sign-making/Tuscola bashing.

-Had Bennett's pics made with the amazing Colleen Hannah! She captured some of the most priceless memories..most of which happened with just Bennett and I interacting like we do on a day-to-day basis.  Can't wait to hang them in our home!

-Moved into my old room at my parent's house.  Rick and Hil have their house up on the market so it was just easier for Bennett and I to come here for the rest of our time in NC.  Reading my high school yearbooks and looking at old pics of course came with the territory of moving back in! :)

-Went to P.F. Changs and to see Footloose with the girls.  I miss simple nights out like that!  Cannot wait to go on a date when my husband gets home! 

-Took Bennett to the pumpkin patch!  Of course he had no idea what was going on, but we had so much fun!  My mom went with me and helped capture the perfect photo-opp.  Bennett may or may not have face-planted in the grass trying to get said perfect photo. ;)  I'll never tell...

-Celebrated the twins turning TWO! Goodness! 

-Attended WCU Homecoming!  I've got so many cute pictures of Bennett dressed in his Catamount attire so I'm going to try to do a seperate post on this event one day!

-Enjoyed Abigail's Wedding Celebration!  It was such a perfect night...beautiful people, comfy location, yummy food, and sweet friends!  {Bennett stayed at home with Nana and slept the night away}

-Watched Benny roll over from back to tummy.  He gets a little camera shy when I try to get him to do it when Greg's on Skype.  I'll keep trying..Daddy wants to see!

-Went to Landon's Preschool Program...hilarious!  Being able to attend an event such as this was so special for me.  I knew when Greg decided to go active and we took off to Alaska I would miss so many programs, performances, ballgames, etc.  I was so glad to be able to watch him sing his songs, do the arm motions aka: put hands in pockets, and shine that sweet little personality.  It also got me thinking about who would be at Bennett's performances.  Sometimes his Daddy and I...and sometimes just me.  I think some people who live near family take stuff like this for granted...

-Celebrated my sweet Baby turning 4 months old!  He is the sweetest thing every time I take him to the doctor!  He smiles and giggles and loves it when the nurses and doctor pay attention to him!  Such a people person!  Shots didn't go so bad either...a few cries when they were happening and some wimpering, but then knocked right out as soon as we got in the car! :)

-Halloweennnnnnn!  Sunday evening we had truck-or-treating at my parent's church.  Then, Monday, we had trunk-or-treating at Rick and Hil's church and visiting Greg's parents.  Landon was a referee, the twins were football players and Bennett was the football!  Bennett wasn't in the greatest of moods Monday because of the shots{that was a mean trick Mommy played to schedule his dr appt on Halloween}..he was sooooo sleepy after sleeping the majority of the day!  We still had such a great time and got so many cute pics of my little football!

-Bennett had rice cereal for the first time..overall, I think it was a success!  No tears were involved and he was happy as a little lark with it smeared all over his face and body.  Daddy got to watch on Skype and it was a fun experience!  We'll keep trying! :)


On to...NOVEMBER! Wow! Here's what we have coming up:
-"Falling" Backwards and gaining an hour of sleep!  Sleep=Good.
-Christmas Shopping.  I am SO ridiculous about my shopping list and being organized.  I adore marking someone's name off once I've completed their gift. It's the little things in life...
-Thanksgiving! It's no secret I love food.
-Black Friday.  I feel as if I could have just put this one item on this list and it would have done the whole month justice.  This one day of the year is enough to excite me for months.  The thrill..the deals...all of it.  Makes.me.so.happy. Makes.my.husband.so.nervous.
-My little boy turning 5 months and starting some Baby Food...Veggies on the menu! :) 

Be Blessed!  

1 comment:

Mrs.Fisher said...

Yay to the donut getting less red! Your blog was the first blog I followed when I started blogging. I googled OCS ball gown and your picture was the first to come up! I enjoy reading about your new little man! He's adorable! I think Alaska would be a great place to be stationed some day. Right now we're at Bragg and just trying to enjoy where we are :)