Friday, October 7, 2011

a thought.

If you know me in real life or just simply read this blog you know that I absolutely love and adore my husband.  He really is the greatest man.  As far as I'm concerned, there gets no better than Greg.  He's the cream of the crop, the best of the best, and the perfect compliment to my life.

I saw this image the other day and thought how true it is.  Lately I have been hearing more and more "husband bashing", especially in the Army Community.  Either it's talking about them behind their backs while hanging out with the girls, or poking fun of them in a group setting.  Couples who do this in a public setting to each other play it off as fun & games, but I know there is some hurt that is truly happening and if I were a gambler, I'd bet that their marriage is pretty rocky or will end up that way over time.  I mean, how cruel to put your partner in life down..especially in front of others.

How amazing would your marriage be if you instead took the time to say something positive about your spouse, especially in front of them while with others!  Some people probably want to gag if they are friends with Greg and I on facebook.  I am forever leaving him messages letting him know how special he is to me.  It is my #1 priority while he is away to let him know that he is missed and life is better with him around.  Don't we all want to feel like that? Sure we do.

This post is kind of random, but it has been on my heart for so long.  If you are reading this I hope you accept the challenge to love & support your spouse in a way that is unconditional and sometimes when they least expect it...or deserve it. 

"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life." -Proverbs 31: 10-12 

And to add, this certainly applies to everyone we meet..not just our spouses.  This quote says it all and has definately been proven true, especially as of late.
"Who gossips with you will gossip of you."

5 comments:

chelsea said...

I love this post. Such a good reminder. I adore my husband but I suppose sometimes I might want to refrain from making a joke at his expense. Thank you for making me rethink this!!!

And that last line... ohmigosh that's so true. I wish I'd heard this before. I hate gossip SO MUCH, but I've never had such a clever line to remind myself why.

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

Love this!! I need to make an effort to be more uplifting!!!

Miss.C said...

My boyfriend & I were talking about this the other day actually.. We've been talking about how we both need to be nicer and how it really makes us sad to see our friends who treat their spouse like crap in front of others.

Thank you for posting this! It makes me really happy to see other people who feel the same way

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Exactly!! I hate when I hear other people bashing their spouse in public.

Eli said...

love this- people always joke about my bf's larger than life personality. Thats why I love him!

With a huge smile I always say- " Hey! It takes one to know one- He has the biggest heart. He's a great guy."

Usually they just smile, cuz they know he does.