Month In Review: #2 {May 2011}
- Visited North Carolina and enjoyed days full of sunshine, shopping, family and friends!
- Received beautiful Mother-To-Be Flowers for Mother's Day from my sweet husband..via Hil! :)
-Celebrated Mother's Day with my Mom and Mother-In-Law!
- Attended 2 baby showers for my sweet friends having babies within a week of me! I LOVE that we are all pregnant at the same time...we must have all had nothing else to do in September! ;) TMI??
- Received news of three soldiers KIA from my husband's brigade. Heart Breaking does the feeling justice. Their families will always have a special place in my heart!
- Read TWO books in TWO weeks! Something Borrowed and Something Blue. Both were incredible!
- Got a rockin' suntan sitting outside reading above books! I feel soooo much better about myself when I have a tan. Cheesy, I know, but tan fat is prettier than pale fat! I'm actually pretty pumped about giving birth during the summer so I can have a little color on my skin when I feel like a whale!
- Had a "Girls Weekend" with my college besties in Hickory! The older we get, the more and more proud I am of my girlfriends! They are all doing such great things with their lives and I adore the time we get to spend together catching up. I may or may not have ALMOST went into labor from all the laughing. Seriously, I haven't cried while laughing in such a long time...it was just what I needed! From snorts in the movie theater, a grand parking entrance to Buffalo Wild Wings, pink headphones, tums, and grease stain(s) on Baby Bennett..I am already counting down until we can do it again! October!
- Experienced some crazy Braxton Hicks! The 14 hour flight to NC nearly killed me! Poor little Bennett was stuck in my ribs the whole way, plus sitting beside extremely large people, plus swollen tingly feet makes for one uncomfortable pregnant girl! I was miserable for about 2 weeks after...and the contractions continued to happen all month! Even a trip to Wal-Mart turned into an ordeal where I had to put my feet up!
- Got reallyyyyyyy good at decoding my husband's "language". We were able to communicate quite regularly this past month and I became a pro at figuring out his "unspoken" words since he cannot give me exact details due to OSPEC. Sometimes, that's not so great and creates extremely high anxiety, but the moment I hear from him again is the MOST relieving feeling in the entire world! I love that man and it is becoming more and more overwhelming each passing day!
- Turned 26 years old and although I wasn't very excited about the day because my husband isn't here..my family, girlfriends, and an incredible amount of facebook friends made the day special. Greg got me some real pearl earrings that I ADORE! (via Hil..sensing a theme here?)
-Celebrated Landon's 3rd Birthday! How that's possible...I'll never know! He had a great day eating pancakes for dinner on his actual birthday and then celebrating big with his friends on Saturday! The kid is the sweetest boy ever! I kept telling myself that this time next year he will be 4 and I will have an *almost* 1 year old! Crazy Life! :)
- Celebrated Memorial Day...it had an extra special meaning for me this year! I even spoke at church and at a Memorial Day cookout. {The speech is posted below} And for those of you that know me during this season of my life..that was extremely difficult for me to do! Normally, I don't mind doing things like this..I've always been great at improv and being in front of a crowd, but man..being 4 weeks away from giving birth and a husband at war makes for some crazy horomonal emotional outburts! ha! Thank goodness that is over!
Next up...JUNE! I'm so, soooo excited! Here's what I have to look forward to this month:
- "Couch Rest"...I'm putting myself on it until the end of the month! I do not want to do anything that will put me into labor before my husband gets home! I'm going to enjoy catching up on my DVR, books, and lots and lots of movies...possibly a nap or two! :)
- Basking in the sunshine! It may not be a couch..but it's at least a chair! :) We are enjoying temps in the 80's and I am loving every minute of it because I know they won't last long!
- Packing my hospital bags!
- Welcoming my BFF, Laura Beth, to Alaska. She's coming to be with me the last week before Greg gets home! Heaven-forbid I go into labor early, she'll be my "push" person! ha!
- Celebrating Summer Solstice! Possibly from my couch..ha!
- I saved the best for last: HUGGING my husband's neck and kissing his sweet face!!!! He's chosen to take an early R&R to try to be here for the birth of Bennett! Now you know why "couch rest" is a must! I want nothing more in life than to have him next to me as we welcome our first baby into the world! I daydream about it alllll the time..how awesome it would be to have him drive us home from the hospital as a family of "3"! Ahh, I can barely wait to see him!!
I already adore June and it's only day 1! Have a great month!

7 comments:
Just wanted to say I love you girl and I’ve been thinking about you. Wish we got to talk more often, miss you bunches!!! You are an amazing person, you know that??? I know God has great things ahead for your soon-to-be family of 3…. So excited your hubby is coming home to you this month!!!! :)
I loved both of those books too! Have you seen the movie? It's good!
I am so excited for you that your Husband is coming home so soon! I just love reading your blog from seeing your engagement, wedding and now the soon to be family of 3! Ahh, this is such a blessing for you and him! I am having a boy myself! So if you have any name suggestions, while you're on couch rest (which sounds amazing by the way) then send them my way - paigeleana@yahoo.com!
So exciting to think your Hubby will be here for Bennett's birth!!!!
Just thinking of you and your little family! Hope you guys are doing wonderful!!
Hey Shan! Havent seen you update your blog recently. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and praying for you and that sweet baby!!!!
God Bless my blogging friend!
I hope things are going well for you and your family!
Post a Comment