Wednesday, February 2, 2011

smorgasbord of stuff.

  • I've been debating if I should mention it on this blog or not, but I figured if I didn't..I was gonna bust!  This blog has been an awesome outlet for me through the years.  My girlfriends from back home just don't understand my feelings and I haven't found many girlfriends here that really get me on that level.  I'm going through the Big "D" and I don't mean Dallas or Divorce {or should I say fast approaching the Big "D"}.  Although if I were going through Dallas that would mean that I am out of this dreadful, dark, cold place called Alaska and my life would be happy!  My heart aches...
  • We've picked out this bedding for Baby B and it's been ordered!  I ADORE animal print and have recently fallen in love with orange.  This bedding just screams stylish, handsome baby boy to me!  Now to just find a crib/dresser and glider I like.  I am picky, picky and not to mention it is terribly hard to get stuff to AK!  Any recommendations?
  • I adore shopping for my little boy.  I once wrote on facebook how excited I was about dressing up my child and some rude, opinionated people decided to let me know that there are better ways to spend my money.  Never, ever did I say that I was going to spend a lot of money doing it..I believe anything is possible on any budget!  And if those ever-so-kind people actually knew me, they would know that I don't leave my house without a coupon, won't pay full-price for anything besides underwear, and if Doritos aren't on sale..we don't come home from the grocery store with them no matter how much my husband loves them!  Case in point #1...
$.87 Old Navy sandals for Baby B...$.87 people!!
  • I am trying to find an awesome craft project for Bennett's nursery to help pass the time while Greg is gone for the next 6 weeks. 
  • I love feeling my sweet boy move all around in my tummy.  Greg was able to call tonight and as soon as we hung up Bennett started going nuts!  It was adorable...I think he misses Daddy as much as I do! :)
  • I frequent our local thrift store and found these amazing Frye Cowboy Boots for $12 a while back..don't mind if I do! {please excuse the jumbo belly}
  • I CANNOT decide on a diaper bag!  Anyone have any advice on a Timi & Leslie vs. Vera Bradley?


  • We are taking a trip home in March and I am sooooo estatic to go back to the South!  There are no words to describe how much I miss it!  The winters here are long, COLD, dark, and depressing.  Looking forward to a breath of fresh air!
  • Greg and I were talking the other day about this Big "D" and he mentioned how great this move to Alaska has been for us.  And ya know what?  I totally agree.  While I may not looooveeeee it here, I do love the fact that we moved here.  Main part being "we"!  Greg and I have become so incredibly close during this past year and I know it's because we have had to rely on just each other.  When we were living around family and close friends there were so many stressors on our relationship...where are we gonna eat Sunday lunch?  Who's friends do we hang out with tonight?  Spending time with my family vs. his family?  I think if I could, I would make it a rule that every newlywed couple has to move away for their first year of marriage...it either makes or breaks you!  I say it all the time, but my husband is my ROCK!  I can honestly say that every aspect of my life is better because of him!  We've talked about things I've never thought we would discuss...we've done things I've never thought we would have done and most importantly, we've conquered it all with a smile on our faces.  I've truly never been happier in my life and it's so great to be able to say the same about him!  Life.is.remarkable.
  • It's FEBRUARY?? {doesn't that look odd spelled out?}
  • And lastly, I leave you with a pic of me and Bennett.  I have been sending Greg daily pics of me so he doesn't come home and think I look like a huge cow pregnant woman.  I thought my outfit today was extra cute and I found the blue long sleeve maternity t-shirt for $3 yesterday!  See...any budget!!

19 comments:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

You look fabulous chickadee!! I love the bedding you chose for Baby B, and that turquoise diaper bag is uber chic!

Tori Bella said...

So it'll be like nine hundred more years before we have a baby... but I adore that bedding. What brand is it?

And personally, I'd go with the non-Vera Bradley because I don't like fabric. Though I could see how a mama would want something washable.

Rachel said...

I've been reading your blog for a while, but I don't think I've ever commented! Congratulations on the pregnancy!

I have a Vera Bradley diaper bag and I like it, I wouldn't say I LOVE it, but there is a good amount of space and it's pretty easy to clean.

And you know what? You should dress your baby up however much you want! It is your business how much you spend on him! I have a 5 month old boy and my FAVORITE thing in the world (besides him, of course) is buying his outfits. And if I go broke doing it? Well, that's my problem! I say buy whatever you want and tell those Negative Nancies to leave you alone! :)

Lauren said...

Oh Shannon!!! I love you girl and please, if you ever need to talk, CALL ME!! I'm always here's for you. I hope these 6 weeks fly by for you! LOVE the tummy and that sweet boy already!!! :)

Dollface said...

I love the bedding!!! Super cute. And 87 cents for shoes, omg. Love all of your preggo pics, adorable! xxxoo

carrie1 said...

ohh... where did you find that bed set at I love it!!

And my girlfriend just got the coach diaper bag.. which is really cute. Have you looked at those?

SLM said...

I totally agree about moving away...I love it!!

Army Officer Wife said...

Ok, let me just say you look SUPER CUTE pregnant! Also, with the big "D" approaching, let me know if you have any questions or anything! We have been there! LOVE the baby bedding. We got our daughter's crib at BRU and her dresser at IKEA. It was much cheaper than the matching dresser and it has a ton more space. We painted the knobs to match our daughter's room and we love it. We currently have a Vera Bradley bag which is great when bottles leak because we can just throw it in the washer. I also like dressing up our daughter but I am great at finding sales too! We shop at some pretty expensive stores but everything purchased is on super sale! I shop a lot (haha) so I am always on the look out for great things. If you really look, you can get some great deals! I have some great places to shop if you are looking for things that are monogrammed/personalized. Ok, this was kind of a random bunch of comments haha. Good luck! You are doing wonderfully!

Mateya said...

You look so great! Love the bedding you chose for Bennett!!!

People can be so rude...who cares what they say...this is your first baby!

Amber said...

Girl, I am so slow, I thought the big D you were talking about was depression but you sound happy so now I'm thinking deployment? I'm easily confused... especially while pregnant!

How exciting that you found bedding you love! There's a store in Alabama that does custom bedding and I think I'm going to take a little road trip there this weekend and try to get ours ordered.

I couldn't find your email address anywhere but if you shoot me an email at Ber611 at aol dot com I'll send you the info about the glider we chose.

Where did you find the $3 maternity tee? I need some more long sleeved shirts and can't find any I like.

I know of another blogger who got that Timi & Leslie diaper bag and she said it was HUGE in person. I'm not sure if she ended up keeping it or not. I really like the looks of that one but I'm still trying to decide on one for sure. SO MANY DECISIONS TO MAKE! AHHHH!

And I am so jealous of your fabulous thrift store! Um, $12 Frye boots? Yes, please! We don't have any good thrift stores around here :-(

Nina said...

Hello from your Alaskan neighbor! :-) I am so ready for the winter to be over, even though I do enjoy skiing and now snowboarding. More than anything I look forward to longer, sunnier days ....... Enjoy your trip to L48!

Emily said...

I love the bedding!! And u look so adorable

Annie said...

you are so cute!!
i love the bedding you are ordering! i really wanted to do orange and brown in my little guys room but my hubs didn't (we already have some orange in our living room).
i just ordered a timi and leslie diaper bag, it looks more like a diaper bag than the ones you have picked out. i love the ones you chose though!
and i wouldn't let the mean peeps on FB get to you. my little guys closet is totally full, he probably has close to 150 outfits...almost all bought by me and he's not even here yet and we've had no baby showers. i have dreamed about becoming a mommy forever and if buying my baby clothes/shoes/hats makes me happy then i'll do it :)

have a great week girly!

dave and jenn said...

I love your bedding! I am pregnant too (about 13 1/2 weeks so a little ways behind you). :) Congrats on your baby BOY! :)

Jessica said...

First of all.. I really, realllly miss your constant blogging. My face lights up when I see a new post from you. Especially the adorable, fashionable-while-pregnant you!!
Love the bedding.. jealous that I never found something as cute.
Dress your baby however you please. Not much else gives me greater pleasure than seeing Drew in a snazzy little outfit. The money is no one else's business.
My heart goes out to you with the upcoming D-day. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to. That amazing love you have for one another will get you through.
I totally agree with the whole living away from "home" thing. I know we are from the same-ish area and El Paso isn't quite as far as Alaska.. but DITTO. It's the greatest thing that has happened to our marriage.
And lastly, I'm going home in March too :) Enjoy your time with family and friends... and Mr. Sunshine!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You're looking great! I love those bags that you've got pictured and that bedding!

Sarah said...

You're so cute! Don't let the haters get you down, even if you do want to spend a truck ton of money on your little boy- it's YOUR choice and they can just shut their faces! :)

*Teresa* said...

Hey Shannon! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bedding you picked out! I love orange and brown for boys and LOVE LOVE LOVE the monogram option!
As far as those *ahem* rude people...now that you are a mommy you will get ALL KINDS of "Advice" and "kind words" from those "lovely" people..just try to ignore it the best you can! Its YOUR child and you can raise and dress and feed how YOU want :) And I've had 2 Vera diaper bags and I love them..They have great pockets and easy to MONOGRAM and like others have said you can wash them! :) and BTW you are super cute pregnant! Enjoy every moment of pregnancy! God bless!

Jenn said...

I have the exact same feelings about my blog. My hubby doesn't even get it but I'm ok with that.

Awesome bedding! I love animal print but My Hubby hates it. That is such cute bedding I can;t even get over it! have YOU TRIED aafes or pottery barn. I'm not sure if they deliver to AK or not thought. You could also try Wal-Mart and Target they are both military friendly and might ship there. Target is getting much better quality stuff as well.

Ignore rude people. You go right one picking up your kiddo clothes as you see fit. I like you love shopping the sales. You can find great things. everyone is going to say something so don't let it get to you.

I'm so paranoid about not finding cute clothes when I finally get pregnant. I know they are out there but I'm nervous about. strange I know but that's just me worrying about the little things. lol cute outfits as always!