Thursday, April 15, 2010

la.la.la.

In bullets because that's how I roll today.

  • I ordered this dress for the brigade ball next Friday. It.is.gorgeous on and cannot wait to see it all hemmed up and looking pretty!  I really wanted a colored dress this time, ya'll saw my last dress for the OCS Formal and it was black too, but I just couldn't pass this one up!  Something about black makes me feel extra classy! :)  Pics to come of that event!
  • Kinda reminds you of this, no?!?
  • I have been subbing at the elementary school on post in Pre-K and L.O.V.I.N.G. IT!  I am soooo excited to have found an age group that I enjoy working with and I'm 100% sure this is what I wanna do with my life!  The morning session is Intensive Resource kids (most are autistic or DS) and the afternoon is just regular Pre-K.  They are all so, so precious!  I leave my heart in each of their backpacks (not bookbags Ms. Shannon, as I was told by one of my students) when they walk out the door each afternoon!  The lead Pre-K teacher liked me so much, she called me personally to ask if I could come back again the next day! Then, as I was leaving today, we had a little convo about my intentions..she asked if I was seeking full-time employment and to def. put her down as a reference and she would keep her eyes and ears open for me!  I think she really wants me at her school!  I am just sooo excited about the direction I am in!  It might seem kinda crazy since I have a Business Bachelors degree, but I was just not happy sitting in an office all day!  My heart is happy working with kids! :)
  • Speaking of working at an elementary school on post...why must my husband's rank be the first question people ask me??  It's happened at least 27 times this week.  Absolutely ridiculous.  I do NOT wear my husbands rank on my sleeve..or my purse (have you seen those things?  The ACU transformed into a pocketbook...I know you have..at least once.  In the PX. Commissary.)  Anywaysss, the most info you are getting from me is his Unit. What does that have to do with how I work with children?  Geez, crazy Army Wives, lay off.
  • I really want to coach again...soon!  I miss cheer & dance sooo much!
  • My oldest nephew(the one in the middle) is saying my name now & I cannot even begin tell you how amazing it is to hear it.  I could snatch him right up and kiss all over his face ...via skype of course :)
  • And I dont even need to go there on how stinkin' down-right, against-the-law adorable the twins are!
  • I am reallyyyyyyy missing these girls. It physically hurts...has anyone else experienced this or am I just a nut job?
P.C.
  • I really want Lee to win American Idol. Such a nice kid doing something great with his life.
  • My husband ROCKS..even if he gets irritated when I make him go on walks after dinner.
  • It is now staying daylight till 10:30pm...Come on summertime!

19 comments:

The Pink Chick said...

Your dress is amazing! It is so beautiful!!! I can't wait to see pictures from the ball!

Mrs Gable said...

I love that dress, you have to post pictures!

I really want Lee to win! I think he is the best out of all of the others.

Congrats on the maybe job. I use to work at my mother in laws school and I miss it!

Goodnight moon said...

That dress is beeeeauuuutiful!!!!! You will HAVE to post pics of yourself all dressed up in it!

I live on base...so instead of me getting, "what rank is your husband?" I hear, "what street do you live on".....and I get that ALOT! Whenever I come in contact with a new wife...that is almost always the first thing I am asked. It drives me freaking nuts!!!!!!

Mateya said...

I want Lee to win Idol too! How awesome about the daylight....that sounds wonderful!

5th Belle Avenue said...

The dress is GORGEOUS!!!!

Brittany Ann said...

Yay! Glad you love the elementary schoolers! They are such a fun age group!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It sounds like things are going amazing up there!! That's great about the teaching and enjoying it so much.

Erin said...

Ok, for one, I HATE those purses.

And I personally think it is obnoxious to ask people's husbands rank. What does it matter?

Mrs. Hanson said...

aww I am glad you found something you enjoy doing :) I am sure the kids just love and adore you also!

I miss my girlfriends alll the time and we are only 2 hours away! It's so great just hearing them though and being able to talk about everything like we never missed a beat!

I love Lee too :)

Courtney said...

Glad you found something you love to do!! I'm studying to be an elementary school teacher & I can't wait to become one!! Also, I want Lee to win A.I. too! C'mon Lee!

Becky said...

Awww, I'm glad that things are working out for you in Alaska!

I can't stand the ACU purses, but maybe that's just me...they've been becoming very popular in the FRG since this deployment started and it just isn't for me. That and my husband would kill me...lol.

Hmm....asking rank - it doesn't bother me usually but I've gotten some "odd" comments as well. Best one - "Your husbands enlisted? I only hang out with the officers wives." hmmm....ok then, my best friends an officers wife but it's all good! People can be weird...hang in there!

Nice to be kept up to date on your adventures! That dress is awesome, btw!

Mary said...

That dress is amazing! I love it in black:) My husband's unit has a ball that day too... We're skipping out though, 'cause we just had one and I'm too pregnant for last minute gown shopping! Have fun!!

Also, that subbing sounds so much fun!! It's awesome you've found something that suits you so quickly!!

JG said...

I LOVE that dress!! Excellent choice!! Can't wait to see pics :)

Sarah said...

My mom subs for pre-K- through 5th grade though she prefers the younger kids. She too thought you would want to do something different- except hers was working daycare- and found that teaching and being with kids was what she wanted. I'm glad you've found what you want to do with your life- it must be such an amazing feeling!

Paige said...

Ohh girl, I love that dress! So pretty! I am so happy that you have found something that you can see you doing for the rest of your life. Isn't that amazing! I also would ilke to see Lee win, he just seems so sweet. I was sad to see Andrew go though! But there are a few more that have my heart!

Jess & Brad said...

I've been following your blog for awhile and love it. I'm a kindergarten teacher and I couldn't ask for a better job. I'll keep you in my thoughts that you find a teaching job - it's so rewarding! I also had to laugh at the "making my husband go on walks with me after dinner". My husband moans and groans most evenings when I bring up the dreaded "W" word haha. I guess it's a guy thing :)

Lauren said...

It makes my heart happy to see updates from you. Love you and you are going to be smokin in that dress!!!!!

My Army Brats and Me said...

Love the dress! Hope you pop by and check out my giveaway:)

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

The dress is stunning!!