Well, on Monday I had to drive Greg down to Charlotte at the hotel for the Army. He flew out of Charlotte on Tuesday to Fort Benning, GA. Let's just say...it was the MOST DIFFICULT thing I've EVER done! We got to spend the day together so we did some wedding shopping, had a nice dinner, and then walked around downtown and grabbed some coffee at Starbucks. The entire time I was with him I didn't want to let go of his hand...people were probably wondering what was up with all the PDA, but i could care less. I think I've really been taking advantage of being able to see him everyday...and spend so much of my life with him. It's like my deepest feelings for him are finally out...and I guess that it's nice to have these feelings, because it reassures me that he is the man for me. There is no way I could live without him in my life...
For those of you that don't know...Greg has been in the Army Reserves for 2 years, but has decided to join full-time and got accepted to Officer Candidate School so he will be gone until the wedding...then I will be joining him at the base he is stationed at after. God has provided so many awesome opportunities for Greg and I'm so lucky to be a part of this journey.
I finally left downtown Charlotte at about 7:45pm...with my selfless fiance standing on the curb with his bags. Let me just say..finding the nerve and the willpower to put my Jeep in drive and press the gas was the most painful experience of my entire life. I was flooded with so many emotions...all at once. And now, only 2 days after saying goodbye to him...these emotions are still here. I'm sure things will get easier and the days will seem to go by at a faster pace, but it's just the initial shock of it all...I do have some good news though and Greg will be able to keep his cell phone on him after he gets out of class at 5:30pm each day! Since he's already attended basic training and been in the military for a while now...his O.C.S. training will be a little bit less restrictive. I'm also looking into visiting him the first weekend in March (if everything goes as planned). Realitiy has set in...we're off to start a long challenge! Please keep us in your prayers..for Greg to do well in his training and to keep him safe...and for me to be the strong, supportive fiance that He needs!

1 comment:
My husband should be in class with your bf right now!! We went through this whole OCS (getting LORs, med records, yadayada) bit and then the army wouldn't let josh attend OCS b/c of his vision. He has to go active enlisted and then try from there. What a PITA!! Its worth it though, if he gets what he wants. Congrats to you and your man (on OCS AND on the wedding!)
Post a Comment