Saturday, January 1, 2011

Merry Christmas.Happy New Year.Hello 2nd Trimester!

We had a great, quiet Christmas here in the Artic!  We were unable to travel home this year due to some work scheduling so we spent the Holidays in our little home, surrounded by Army Family!  I cannot even begin to tell you how blessed we are to have met such extraordinary people..I couldn't imagine life without them!  I have met some of the greatest couples who I know will be lifelong friends, long after our time in AK is up!  A lot of our great friends were able to travel back to the Lower 48 for Christmas, but there was a handful of us still around who enjoyed the Holidays together!

Tacky Christmas Sweater Party 2010 @ the O'Neill Household
 sweet friends.
 White Elephant Party 2010 at our house. Look at my awesome prize! :)
 We hosted Christmas Eve Dinner at our house and we love having our home filled with people!
Christmas Morning 2010...PJ's, Presents, & Pancakes (breakfast).
A new tradition we started! Our final Christmas just the two of us!


New Year's was spent at one of our friend's house and we rang in the New Year with some delish Apple Cider and then headed home cause I was pooped! We had a great time celebrating with such sweet friends and their house full of kids!  I felt right at home with all the silliness...made me miss my nephews just that much more and got us both excited about the years to come! 2011 is an exciting/challenging year for us, but in the words of my sweet husband "I'm excited about us".  Life is the best it's ever been, and even with the challenges to come I know we will continue to grow together, as a family.

And last but not least..as of yesterday, I'm in the 2nd trimester!

Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 14 Weeks
Size of baby: A Lemon
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 3 pounds, which I find is so crazy considering how much my belly is poking out!
Maternity Clothes: I have two pairs of Maternity Jeans that are like heaven right now!
Gender: Can't wait to find out this month! :)
Movement: Not yet...
Sleep: Ugh, averaging about 6 hours per week. No joke. I am miserable.  I took Unisom for the first 2 months of my pregnancy and decided to come off of it since my morning sickness has decreased.  I didn't realize how much it was affecting my body until I decided to try to go to sleep without it.  I'm still holding strong by not taking it, but it has been pure exhausting!
What I miss: Feeling cute??
Cravings: Pickles and Apples!
Symptoms: Gagging all the time (embarassing) and lack of sleep.
Best Moment this week: Knowing that in 2011, I'm going to be a MOM!
 
Happy 2011!  May your year be blessed!

15 comments:

Demetrius' mommy. said...

You look great!
Congratulations on your pregnancy:)
I've been a follower for a while but
I think this is my first time
Commenting.
I'm in alaska too:)

Kayti said...

Oh Shannon, I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog last summer. :) Your Alaskan holidays with Army Family and your constant cheerful attitude definitely help soothe some of the uneasiness I get about moving a zillion miles away.

Also, congrats to you and Greg on your sweet little one! Such exciting news. :) I'll be praying that your second trimester is a bit more restful.

Happy New Year, friend!

In With the Light said...

what a great way to celebrate! you look great!

Mrs Gable said...

You look so pretty!

Rachel said...

Happy new year!

You look really great. Sounds like 2011 has lots of good things in store for you all!

Anonymous said...

14 weeks and 3 pound weight gain well done!! I was 15 weeks and 20 pounds weight gain so be proud of your self!

I also craved Pickles lol I had a girl so I am interested to see what you are having. My bets a girl!

Lea Liz said...

Congrats! So excitied for you! You look great, just glowing and so beautiful!

Ashley said...

It is so wonderful to start traditions with just you and your hubby! We did the same thing too this year.

How exciting to be in your second trimester..it's flying by!

SLM said...

You're so cute!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Lauren said...

You look absolutely adorable!!! 2011 is going to be a GREAT year for y’all!!!!!! :) We need a skype date!!

Mateya said...

You look great!!! 2011 is going to be a wonderful year for you!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You're looking great! Glad to hear you had wonderful holidays!

Kim said...

Shannon you look AMAZING, got that glow. Love seeing your post. Glad yall had a great Christmas this year!!

Mississippi Girl Moves to Alaska said...

Sleep came to me in the 2nd trimester. Energy too!

Michaela said...

Excited to have found you!! My best friend's fiance just deployed to Afghanistan today and she just started a blog to try to keep her mind off of everything. I bet she'd love to follow you! You seem so sweet! How exciting that you're having a baby! (: